“Wonderful slice of NY tour”

Walk About New York
Ranked #76 of 747 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: At Walk About New York, you will find entertaining walking tours that cover some of New York's best known areas. I also will show you some of its least known corners. I make connections amongst the sights, the historic people and the tales, helping to create a rich picture of the city that never sleeps. I look forward to sharing New York's story with you.
Reviewed October 28, 2014

Tour took us to many of the major squares in lower Manhattan. Enroute to the squares, Phil described many of the beautiful buildings we were passing by. Provided a real sense of the history of that part of the city. 3 hour tour but time flew by. Very much recommend!

Date of experience: October 2014
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2014

Sharing a keen interest in the architectural heritage of New York City, Mary N. was a great tour guest. She asked challenging questions, giving my knowledge of the city’s historic buildings a real workout. I loved it!

All reviews
"mosaic art"
"wear comfortable clothes"
"insider's view"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"on display"
"tours"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed October 19, 2014

I live in NYC and his tours have made me see NYC is a whole new way. I have taken his tour of Greenwich Village and Five Squares. Tomorrow, I am taking his tour of Central Park. I am sure it will be as excellent as his other tours. Phil is incredibly knowledgeable and does a great job. Most importantly, his tours are really fun!

Date of experience: October 2014
WalkAboutNY2014, Owner at Walk About New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2014

Walk About New York thanks F. Shapiro for her continued patronage. We love repeat customers! Having participated in three of our tours, she is the sort of guest that all tour guides like to have on a tour: fun and engaged with the tour. Thank you.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

I can't believe some of the things I saw and learned on this tour. How many times have I walked past a building or an alleyway that apparently contains a secret getaway from the bustle of the city, or played a role in history.
Phil is a phenomenal guide. He is pleasant, knowledgeable and supremely interested in sharing his love for the city with others.
Especially recommended for people interested in the architectural development of the city.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I am a native NYer who learned so much about the city I love through this tour. Phil, our leader was very knowledgeable and easy to listen to. His presentation of the history was incredible. In addition the tour provided a segment of public art installations. We toured for three hours of a very well planned experience. I would highly recommend this tour for those who wish to have a professional and individualized experience. Phil was able to answer the groups questions, which were encouraged , with ease. It was a lovely afternoon!

Date of experience: August 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I recently visited New York for the first time & found the 'Walkabout New York' walking tours on Time Out.
I started with the 'Greenwich Village' tour & enjoyed it SO much, I also did the 'Five Squares & a Circle Tour'.
Phil was fantastic, his style is informative yet relaxed & calm, giving great 'non generic touristy' insights into the New York sights on the chosen tours.
Phil is especially passionate of 'The Village' making this my personal favorite tour, as his knowledge & tit bits were great to get off the main tourist drag!
Thoroughly recommended tours for those visiting the big apple....& did I mention exceptional value for money!!!
Well done Phil :)