“Blue Man Group--two hours of pure fun and energy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Man Group

and up
Blue Man Group Off Broadway Live Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Blue Man Group is comedy, theater, rock concert and dance party all rolled into one. This wildly popular phenomenon delivers an unforgettable multi-sensory experience. It's an outrageous evening of entertainment you'll never forget. Don't miss the show that has captivated 35 million people worldwide. Blue Man Group - enemy of monotony, remedy for boredom, promoter of overjoy and elation. DARE TO LIVE IN FULL COLOR
Malvern, Pennsylvania
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 421 helpful votes
“Blue Man Group--two hours of pure fun and energy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

BMG has been around awhile, so I'm not going to describe what BMG is. I think most people have heard of them or seen them on TV. Our family (two parents, three kids 17, 10, 8) had a blast seeing BMG in New York. If you can't let go and have fun here, well...then, you may have some issues. If you like things that are unique, avant-garde, and different, you will enjoy this show. If you like percussion, visual stimulation, and creativity, you will like this show. If you like to laugh, be amazed, and forget about your worries, you will enjoy this show. My only complaint is that the show was not long enough. An encore would have been great. Regarding the theater...yes, the Astor Place Theater is small, but this is part of the wonderful experience. We were toward the back and still felt very connected to the show (it helps that the BMG guys walk out in the audience). Some reviewers complained about the seats. I'm 5'10" and did not feel uncomfortable one bit. Despite the various ages of my kids, they all thought it was very cool and enjoyed it tremendously. My wife and I echo the kids' opinions 100%. For once, something for all of us to enjoy together. Linger in the lobby after the show for an opportunity to meet the actors and get your photo taken with them. Thanks to MannMom for the recommendation to eat at the Acme Bar & Grill. We enjoyed a fun, casual dinner at this restaurant that caters more to locals.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
St. Paul
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Unique fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

The Blue Man Group is hard to describe. This show is weird fun, a little strange and alien-like, and something you won't see anywhere else. The men have many unique "talents" like catching many, many marshmallows in their mouths from quite a distance, and drumming with paint. I was shocked at the cavelike feeling of the small theater and felt a bit clausterphobic. My preteen loved it, and my teen thought some parts were funny. You should go when you are in a goofy, fun mood. It reminded me of a very long Saturday Night Live skit that doesn't exactly make sense. Go early, and eat at the ACME restaurant down the street- good food, reasonably priced, and we got a discount for showing our BMG tickets.

1 Thank MannMom
new jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Theater is Disgusting! Skip NYC Show....Better in Orlando”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I saw this show in Orlando and it was absolutely amazing. That was my second time seeing the show. The show itself is quite entertaining and great for the Orlando setting. Kids will like it. Since my mother and husband didn't get to see it with us in Orlando I decided to take them out for Mothers day. What a huge disappointment. We had mezzanine seats which were fine but you'll feel more involved with the show if you have the floor seats. The astor place theater is absolutely disgusting and small. I paid alot of $$$ for tickets and almost $30 for parking and I was so embarassed as this was a gift to my mother. A normal sized person can not fit comfortably in any of their seats so be prepared to be uncomfortable for 2 hours and plan on getting really close to the stranger sitting next to you. This place packs you in like sardines and is not pleasant. I am about 5ft 9" tall and when I sat in the seats my knees were touching the back of the person in front of me. My husband was crammed into the side wall and since he's taller than me he was in pain being squished into his seat with his knees crushed. I felt so bad where three overweight guys tried to get into the row next to us and couldn't even get into their seats. They had to get up and leave... I think they were moved to the handicapped section downstairs. I live in NJ and it is a treat for us to go into NYC to see a show. This has really turned me off to the whole theater scene as it's not worth the big bucks. If you're going to see blue man group - hold out until you go to Universal Orlando as it's waaaaay better there.

Dublin, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Don't be afraid of the poncho section!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

My husband and I took our two teenage boys to see the Blue Man Group this past week in NYC - we all loved it! It is a very unique fusion of music, art, comedy and technology, appropriate for families. The Astor Place Theatre is much smaller and more intimate than I expected - we were in the "poncho section" 4 rows from the stage - and felt like we were right in the middle of the action. I was concerned about buying poncho section tickets, but the actors do not purposely try to squirt anything at the audience members, but you might be hit with something coming off the stage by accident (my husband was - thinks it was some kind of pureed bananas by the smell). The theatre provides plastic ponchos to wear during the show. The actors are talented percussionists which we really enjoyed. They had several skits that included individual audience members that were great sports, and a final segment that includes the entire audience. What a blast!

17 Thank tsrad
indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The Real Deal - Cant Miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2009

Not sure what show monviaja & kberry viewed, but last Saturday's Blue Man Group was AWESOME. Had you your attention from start to finish, worth a run & train ride through the city to get there on time.

1 Thank tdpetrus