“Non-Stop Fun. FUNNY!!! Great for kids and adults! Warning about seating.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Man Group

and up
Blue Man Group Off Broadway Live Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Blue Man Group is comedy, theater, rock concert and dance party all rolled into one. This wildly popular phenomenon delivers an unforgettable multi-sensory experience. It's an outrageous evening of entertainment you'll never forget. Don't miss the show that has captivated 35 million people worldwide. Blue Man Group - enemy of monotony, remedy for boredom, promoter of overjoy and elation. DARE TO LIVE IN FULL COLOR
Hawthorne, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Non-Stop Fun. FUNNY!!! Great for kids and adults! Warning about seating.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my 2nd time seeing Blue Man Group in NYC. I went about 10 years ago. I was so excited to bring my two kids there this time with us (ages 13 and 12). The show is non-stop entertainment. It's definitely NOT all drumming and I would even classify this as a comedy show!

Be sure to empty your bladder before you sit as there is no intermission although the show is only 90 mins. You don't want to miss a second! We sat in the Mezzanine. The last time I went we sat downstairs. Unless your in the first few rows of the Mezzanine go for the seats downstairs. Mainly because most of the audience interaction is down there, although one blue man does come upstairs twice. If you want to have a chance to be part of the show you need to be on the first floor!

MY ONLY GRIPE was the seating is soooo tight. I am 5'9" and my knees were pushed into the seat in front of me. If you are overweight, and not necessarily obese, you WILL BE uncomfortable! If you are obese, don't go. You won't fit in the seats. Sucks big time!

SPEND THE MONEY! There are always discounts available if you google it. I found our discount at www.goldstar.com.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Westchester County, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Really enjoyed this show. I can see how tourists to NYC would really like it because there's no spoken English, just some things to read. The percussion is impressive and the humor is zany. This isn't an evening of Shakespearean sonnets, but if you want to have a fun, light evening in NY, this could be the show for you. Appropriate for all ages.

Moscow, Russia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Go there, I loved it and my girls wanted to go a second time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a totally mind blowing show delivered in a rather small theater. My girls (10 and 13) were so amused by the show that when it ends they said "already" though 1h30 of show has gone. This is a great show even if you don't speak or understand well english because most of it is visual.

Just a simple advise, do not wear white clothes. Believe me and you will understand why once you are their and the show starts )))

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Maybe if I.was ten”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ok so I've always wanted to see blue man group. Pretty dissapointing. We spent ten minutes watching them catch marshmallows in there mouth, ten minutes watching them eat captain crunch,and another ten to 15 minutes watching them eat Twinkies. Most of the show was them starring at each other or starring at the audience. There was a point where they brought down large cell phones where u did a lot if reading. There was a few minutes where they used neon lights and just Wung them side to side for a little at which point we thought ok here we go,but that was very short. Sitting in poncho section was not fun . Paranoid the whole time when was something coming into the audience, which only happened once and it happen to be squished banana. If your looking for a n interactive show and you are not ten go. See fuerza bruta .

2 Thank joansby
Barbados
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“An OK show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have always wanted to see the Blue Man Group- missed it in both Orlando and Vegas and so this year when I visited New York I had it high on my to do list.

Location was not difficult to find ,took the subway to get there .....small theatre with even smaller seats (you literally had to get up anytime someone wanted to pass) do not waste your money on seats up front ....any seat will offer a good vantage point. Poncho seats are so not worth it.

The show is a mixture of performance art and technology - also very interactive.

My husband and I did enjoy ourselves , especially the segment prior to the actual start of the act . Truth be told , it was an entertaining show and we managed to get some good laughs but is it a show I would see again ... No - and definitely not for the $100 USD ticket price. Can't help but wonder if I would have enjoyed Stomp more ....oh well!

Performers pose for pics at the end ....always a plus for those of us who love to document any of our outings :)

Grappling with whether it deserves 4 stars but can't help feel a bit disappointed - perhaps my expectations were just too high or all wrong!

Visited July 2013