“very good falafel”

Anka Grill Mediterranean
Ranked #8,047 of 14,913 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Turkish
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Anka Grill serves authentic Mediterranean dishes with many healthy vegetable and protein options, including some organic options. Anka also has many fresh and healthy cold appetizers including hummus and baba ganoush. Unpretentious and fantastic.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I noticed this newly open place near my work few months ago. I tried falafel platter from Anka, and I was surprised with the yumminess and size of the platter! Worth trying it.

1  Thank rutansh

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I love Istanbul and I regularly visit the city to enjoy its street food - I was therefore super thrilled when I stumbled across Anka Grill while strolling on Lexington during a recent stay in the UES. I was fortunate enough to have been able to try out this place more than once and was both elated and disappointed at the same time.

For starters the portion sizes here are ridiculous - no one they are on the pricey side! One pide can easily be shared with another person (but of course you won't, because it is that great). They have the standard set of pides you'd expect, but as I surprisingly also found out, you can tweak the pide as you want and so I did!

If you like cheese, greasy meat and generally find yourself resorting to comfort food to lift your spirits on cold and wet rainy days in NYC this place should be your mecca.

The lahmacun was also brilliant, it was the size of the rug in my apartment and for less than 5$, it is the cheapest and tastiest way to fill up in the area (this is the only decently priced item on the menu).

I tried their chicken donner (gyros) - did not like it at all (explains the 4 and not 5 stars). They serve it in an overtly fat Turkish bread called 'Tombik Pide' which is just a fat version of pita, but both the meat and bread were dry on the day. Shame - I was really looking forward to some juicy donner.

Still - I would not go anywhere else in NY for a lovely greasy grub of traditional Turkish pide. The Karisik pide is recommended (ask for Kashkaval cheese - you won't regret it).

Reviewed April 24, 2014

A wet evening in Manhatten, and we stumble across this place small neet place little pricy but the food was really good. We got to take out you could sit in, just took it back to your Hotel, the chicken wrap was the size of my forearm, and the other dishes with oven baked bread filled with meat and veg were excellent, never had anything like this in the UK. Suburb!! give it a go if you are in the area high recommended.

1  Thank sphere1966