“Great meal all throughout!”
Review of Momofuku Ssam Bar

Momofuku Ssam Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Momofuku Ssam Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #683 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great little restaurant! Unique menu! Everything we tried was delicious! Pricey but worth it!

Make sure and go around the corner to their Milk Bar for great cookies but the must buy is their "crack pie"! Aptly named, it's addicting!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We tried this place for late lunch. I think it is best to do like that as lunch time it gets very crowded and you are expected to eat and leave. In our case we had to time to enjoy the delicious duck menu. I ordered almost everything in the menu and tried all of them and was happy with every single one of them.
Don't expect a large menu. But whatever they have is good.
There are 4 different Sake's on the menu as well.
If you like Duck as I do, I think this place is a must for you!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to momofuku ssam solely based on its #37 rank on world's best restaurant list and Anthony Bourdain's praise of David Chang. These accolades do not disappoint! Amazingly in your face flavors that are unctuous and home-y! We reserved a whole duck and the breast meat with the duck/pork sausage stuffed underneath was incredible! Melt in your mouth goodness! My sister adored the confited duck legs. The rice beneath the duck was the best rice we have ever had (odd to say, but totally true!)-- it was topped with a duck fat, ginger scallion sauce that is also a side sauce for the scallion pancakes. The other sauces were great too. The server brought bibb lettuce leaves, which was wonderful -- I think because my sister said she does not eat carbs --- and this same sister scarfed down at least a cup of the wonderful rice! This restaurant was better to my palate than Le Bernandin (difficult to say!) because it did not try to be refined and complex -- it tried and achieved "the best thing I put in my mouth" by focusing on killing you with flavors and options! Definitely will return to try other dishes!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you can get together a larger group (5+), try the Bo Ssam, which is a whole roasted pork butt. How can you go wrong with a fatty roast butt.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was excited to visit this restaurant during our trip to New York as it is in the top 50 restaurants in the world. I found the service pleasant if a little overbearing and the atmosphere great. The food though was a bit bland and the 'big plates' were tiny. We had an octopus dish and a quail dish as our main courses and it didn't really taste of much. I wondered whether they forgot to season our food and I wanted to ask the waiter but he kept looking at me with a smug 'how good is that!' look on his face I didn't want to disappoint him.