“Delicious food”
Review of Basso56

Basso56
Reserve with OpenTable
Basso56 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Fine dinning restaurant
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Delicious mushroom ravioli. My daughter said it's the best she had ever had. I had the lunch special, fish with mixed vegs and potatoes, very good! Chocolate cake was delicious too. Will return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,978)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Last minute trip found my favorite restaurants booked, but Basso had room for the three of us. Great service and excellent food! We did the spec wrapped mozzarella and calamari as starters, and both were well executed, but I give extra cudos to the tomato sauce that went with the calamari - I was quickly addicted.

For entrees my wife and niece both had the Bronzoni and were impressed. I had the lobster crepes and enjoyed them, but fell into the trap of having read too many rave reviews ahead of time. Still, a very good dish. I skipped desert, but the apple tart got a lot of compliments.

Good wine selection, great value for mid- town, attentive service and two visits to the table by the owner (2d came with house made limo cellos). We'll be back!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went for a dinner with family of 8. Needed to provide a credit card to secure the table, but not unacceptable for a Friday night. The table was large as we're all other tables in the restaurant for New York. The food choices were all good, for appetizer, salads and main courses. Our server was Alexandra that was knowledgeable, friendly, not obtrusive and gave excellent service. We were not rushed, had cookies and coffee for desert. Highly recommend and would return.

1  Thank GregSCPA
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've eaten at many Italian restaurants in the mid-town area and this is now our favorite. We decided to go based on TA reviews and the food and service were exceptional. Our waitress was very helpful with menu choices and amount of food to order. From the cocktails through to the desert, everything was fantastic. Can't wait to go back,

1  Thank Martinojct
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My new wife and I chose Basso56 for ourselves and out families after our small wedding in Central Park. We had never been there before and live out of town, so we did all the planning via email with the managers. They could not have been more accommodating. They helped us create a custom prix fixe menu for our party, and even printed one with our names on it. The night before, we stopped by with place cards and party favors, and they set up our table beautifully. Dinner was absolutely delicious, and they kept the wine coming. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a delicious meal and great wine with friends.