Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,241 results
All reviews carnegie hall heated floors le labo the russian tea room new york steam room house car tv in the mirror living room indoor pool soaking tub rain shower beautiful hotel luxury hotel nespresso machine room service close to central park
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for four nights in January 2020. I was excited to return after excellent previous stays. Unfortunately, this stay was below the standard I have come to expect from the Park Hyatt brand and from previous experiences at this hotel.

The room, while gorgeous, had issues. Each room has an iPad on which you can submit room service orders, housekeeping requests, etc. On the first night of my stay, my iPad was non-functional due to not having a charge. I explained this to the front desk on the morning of the second night. They responded by replacing the iPad--but the problem was the charger. I explained this to the staff on the morning of the third night. Nothing was done and the iPad remained unusable throughout the stay. Why have in-room technology if it doesn't work and your team refuses to fix it?

There were also cleanliness issues. The rooms have tile floors and then a large rug near the bed. Our rug was dirty: multiple visible stains, etc., from years of use. It needed a thorough shampoo. My partner accidentally spilled some sugar from his coffee on the rug. A day later, we noticed the sugar was all still there--evidence that housekeeping did not vacuum during our stay. Surprising for a hotel of this quality.

We ordered a room service breakfast on our final morning. It was delivered quickly, but the cream cheese for the lox platter was absent. Upon delivering the cart, the attendant stressed that we were to call room service when complete for the cart to be removed. We did so--and 45 minutes later, no one had arrived to retrieve the cart, requiring another call. Again, not the service you expect at a five-star property.

On one day of the stay, I requested as I left the hotel that housekeeping service occur by 1:30pm (it was around 10:30am) due to my partner's arrival and the need to shower, etc. for an event. I was assured this was possible and would happen. We arrived at 2:00pm, and the housekeeper was in the room and needed 30 additional minutes to finish cleaning. I followed-up with the front desk and my concern was met with indifference. The front desk agent said, "well, I called..." and offered no sincere apology or gesture. The "well I did my part...it's housekeeping's problem" attitude is what I would expect from a Comfort Inn front desk employee, not a representative at the Park Hyatt. There was no service recovery whatsoever in follow-up to this frustration.

I have also grown accustomed on previous stays to the staff of this hotel being simply excellent: acknowledging your presence as you walk by, offering assistance readily, saying good morning, etc. Throughout this stay, only certain staff members did this. Most seemed content to either stare at their screens (front desk, concierges) or to stand in a club and talk to each other (restaurant near the elevators, bell staff in lobby).

A lovely property in-terms of the decor and spaciousness and elegance of the accommodations, but indifferent service, housekeeping issues, and cleanliness issues were quite a surprise at a property of this cost and reputation. A very disappointing visit.

Date of stay: January 2020
ParkHyattNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at Park Hyatt New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear brmusicman,

It is truly concerning to hear your stay fell far below the standards that you are used to receiving at Park Hyatt New York. As you know, we strive to provide the highest standards of service. We sincerely apologize for the multiple issues you faced and I hope you recognize this is not indicative of our high standards of service. I would like to invite you to e-mail me directly at justina.hillman@hyatt.com to discuss your stay further.

Thank you for taking the time to detail out your stay as your feedback is very valuable to us.

I look forward to hearing back from you and thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My new favorite hotel in NYC...Amazing guest rooms which are spacious, and beautifully laid out. Fantastic Le Labo toiletries and top notch bathroom with gorgeous soaking tub, separate shower room and WC. The location can't be beat and the pool and hot tub are eyepopping! Can't wait to return...book without hesitation. Rivals the best worldwide.

Dear ingridcary,

We are so grateful to know that Park Hyatt New York is your new favorite hotel in NYC. Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you found your room to be amazing, spacious and beautifully laid out.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to Park Hyatt New York!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room, service and room service F&B were all outstanding. We didn't eat in any of the restaurants because we were in town visiting friends and it was more convenient to eat elsewhere. Pool and fitness center were perfectly maintained, comfortable and easy to access. Pool locker room showers were better than you'd find in most spas.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Chris T,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay at Park Hyatt New York. We are glad you were able to utilize our amenities and found your room, service and food and beverage options to be outstanding.

We look forward to your return to Park Hyatt New York.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off, the property is absolutely gorgeous, bar none. It's location is also VERY good. Walk right onto central park. Walk right over to the 5th avenue. Short drive away from timesquare. Property does exude luxury from the entry to the room to the indoor pool, which was VERY well done.
I must say, to be able to swim in New York City in the middle of dead winter is luxury indeed.

However....and here's the big however...
While the hard product was definitely spot on, I felt that the soft product, the service, was not up to par. During my stay, I was rarely acknowledged by staff. There was a bit of coldness and machination to the service, to the point of calling it out snobbish almost.

While the lobby breakfast service was quite good, the SAME menu served in-room dining was awful.

At the nightly rate it commands, I feel that their execution leaves to much wanting...

Room tip: Choose higher floor. The city noise will get to you at the lower levels.
1  Thank ShinguChingu

Dear ShinguChingu,

Thank you for your review of Park Hyatt New York.

We appreciate knowing you found our property gorgeous and were able to take advantage of swimming in NYC in the middle of winter.

It is truly concerning to hear your comments regarding our service and I truly apologize for this shortfall you experienced. I would like to learn more about your stay and invite you to e-mail me directly at justina.hillman@hyatt.com. Your feedback is very valuable and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt New York.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my fourth time staying at the magnificent Park Hyatt New York. For me (as a frequent Hyatt customer) it's a safe haven when I need a luxury hotel with great comfort, location, and great service in New York, my favorite city. The suite is wonderful, and for me, the highlights are the shower (perhaps the best of NY hotels), a very comfortable bed, and all the electronic controls of the entire room. The silence is total, as is the cleanliness. Room service works very well and is very tasty. But just as important is the human aspect, and in this respect I felt that Park Hyatt has improved a lot from a year to now. I had the opportunity to meet Ratna Steden, hotel director - and by comparing the stays I realized how much she was able to improve on what was already very good. I can only thank her for the perfect hospitability and the great joy she and all the good people at Park Hyatt has given me these days with my children in this city. I also have to compliment and thank Chris and Mamadou, who always greet me at the front door with a huge smile and an even greater desire to help with whatever I need. In short, Park Hyatt is one of those hotels we can't wait to go back to.

Room tip: The corners suite are excellent.

Dear Marcos_traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of Park Hyatt New York.

We take great pride in ensuring our guests expectations are not only met, but are exceeded. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff and are so happy to hear you are very eager to come back. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Thank you for your loyalty with Hyatt!