“A yummy surprise”
Review of Guantanamera

Guantanamera
Reserve with OpenTable
Guantanamera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #315 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 55th and 56th Streets
Transit: A,C,B,D,1 at 59th St/Columbus Circle, N,R,Q,W at 57th St
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Walking down 8th, it looked lovely so we thought we'd give it a try. The friendly hostess squeezed the five of us in without a reservation on a Saturday night. We each has something different, from steak to pork to pallea. It was all delicious. Great flavors. Even my 12 remarked on the upbeat, lively feel to the place. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I had a show on Broadway we had to make, but decided to have dinner first. We had the opportunity to eat at any restaurant in NYC and we were so glad we decided to do Cuban food. My husband and I both love Cuban food and we only get great food in Fort Lauderdale when visiting my folks. This restaurant certainly hit the spot. Great little place with amazing service and the best Cuban food we have had in a while.

We told our waiter that we had a 7pm show and we had great response and our dinner was served in plenty of time before our show and came out of the kitchen hot and amazing. I still can remember what it tasted like. I had Black Bean soup and OMG it was good. Now I know how to make my black bean soup as the waiter gave me a few secrets on black bean soup success. If we didn't have to get back down to 46th Street to see a show, I would have been still sitting there eating.

Great little find and should be a must on your list for wonderful Cuban food in NYC>

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I always make it to this great restaurant at least once when I visit NYC. If great, typical Cuban cuisine isn't enough, try the Coconut Mojito! Rousing Cuban music rounds out a fun, terrific cultural experience.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This will confirm the other reviews of Guantánamera: it's a warm cozy little Latin restaurant/nightclub in a good Hells Kitchen location, with decent food and fair prices, and throw in a very good Cuban band and no cover charge, and how can you go wrong?

My wife and I split a couple of appetizers, the artichoke salad, and the Churrasco steak; add a mojito and a beer or two and our total bill was $100 ($120 with tip). Not bad for NYC.

We'd return.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great food and a wonderful atmosphere : the music was performed by very talented guys . We were à party of six and everyone was delighted
We had a fantastic evening ,singing along and enjoying our food !
We highly recommend this restaurant !!!!