“Luncheon Special”
Review of Guantanamera

Guantanamera
Reserve with OpenTable
Guantanamera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 55th and 56th Streets
Transit: A,C,B,D,1 at 59th St/Columbus Circle, N,R,Q,W at 57th St
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughters and I decided to go to this Cuban restaurant since they live within a block of this place on 8th Avenue, between West 55th and 56th in New York City. The luncheon special had several choices and the 3 courses were each delicious. I look forward to returning on Tuesday when the Mojitos are 1/2 price. In the evening the Cuban music is fun to listen to. I look forward to returning since everything was nicely done with excellent service. When I mentioned that I'd been to Cuba last year, several of the employees were interested in hearing of my experience.

There are newer reviews for Guantanamera

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Guantanamera, was recommended by a friend of mine. We found a Groupon, and purchased it months ahead of visiting the city.

We are so glad we did! Our meal was absolutely delicious, the Mojitos were great and service was wonderful.

Everything on the menu looked delicious. I had the tilapia with rice and black beans, with a side of tostones. It was excellent. My husband had the chicken soup with a side of tostones (I refused to share mine) and he said it was also very good!

Definitely recommend this restaurant, if you are in the city!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I go to Guantanamera very often. I took my dad (60+) several times and it's his favorite restaurant in NY. I've never been disappointed. Food is delicious (my favorite is Pollo Al Coco for main entree and guava crepes for dessert), service is great, staff is very friendly, and the music is excellent! There is a live band (Cuban) every day of the week except Mondays, starting around 8:30 pm. If you want a nice quiet restaurant to chat & eat, that's not the right place. The music gets loud (in a positive way) and when it's a fun crowd, there's even dancing: customers, staff, younger, older, everyone gets on the dance floor. You feel like you are part of the family. I just love the ambiance!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We found this place because friends are locals and frequent this restaurant regularly the Cuban band was excellent although it is a bit loud if you're there for a catch up. the food was great and well priced and the servings were of a good size

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Cuban music and cuisine make for a highly spirited venue. The food was delicious and mojitos are a specialty. The service was excellent.

1  Thank Hallaround