“Cuban Food - Not”
Review of Guantanamera

Guantanamera
Reserve with OpenTable
Guantanamera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #319 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 55th and 56th Streets
Transit: A,C,B,D,1 at 59th St/Columbus Circle, N,R,Q,W at 57th St
Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you are a fan of real Cuban food, skip this restaurant. The food was okay - not anywhere as good as the Cuban food in Miami or Tampa for that matter. They did not serve Cuban bread, the cafe con leche was horrendous. The live music was great. Service was good, but the food was very disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Guantanamera

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I ordered the paella marinera for lunch. It was tasty and had a good deal of seafood. The calamari rings were a bit overcooked. Although there was a business party of twelve and two or three other tables, the restaurant was not full. The waiter brought beer for my husband and tea for me. The lemon I had requested never appeared. Later he asked if I would like more hot water, and I said yes. That never appeared either.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our party of three enjoyed a late lunch here while in New York. The food was good and the service was as well. I just wish they were a bit quicker with the whole experience. There were only about six other people in the restaurant since it was past lunch, so there is no reason it should have taken so long. But, the food was good enough to return again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My mother and I went to this restaurant before the opera at Lincoln Center. It was a very convenient location and a very good meal. I had a seafood stew which was wonderful and my mom had garlic shrimp which I thought were a bit bland but she really enjoyed. We had wine not mojitos, but they looked good. Service was good and efficient. Would definately go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The paella was good but next time I will stick with the normal Cuban food. Not as good as Miami but very close.