“Chocolate heaven”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 13th and 14th Streets
Transit: L, N, R, Q, W, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 14th Street/Union Square.
Istanbul, Turkey
“Chocolate heaven”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have always dreamed of having a dessert in Max Brenner. In my first visit to NYC, I hadn’t had the chance to visit the place due to the lack of time but in my second time, I planned to go there months before my stay.

Firstly, we tried our chance in Sunday afternoon and it was very busy with long queue of people waiting to be seated. Then, we came again in a weekday and there were lots of available tables. The waitress helping us was attentive and explained the menu with all smiles. We had a fondue for two with fruits, marshmallow, cake, chocolates and ice-cream! It was beyond being delicious. I loved every bite. We had coffees for drink and it was also good. I am %100 sure that I will go to Max Brenner again on my third visit to NYC.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great stop when walking from Wall Street to Midtown”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We did a major walk our final day in NYC. Our party of seven got incredibly lucky and walked right in with no reservations to a prime table. We did just dessert and it was delicious. I had the s'mores concoction which had several elements to it all yummy. Our tween girls shared the fondue and they were in heaven. Not sure this would be my favorite spot without kids but they were so happy.......it gave us a great time and a fun memory.

Visited April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Solid Pearl Sugar Waffles”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Suckao ($7.90), a d-i-y concentrated hot chocolate drink, was still as decadent as the last time. There was only one choice of chocolate, and we went for the dark side. Thick and rich, the hot chocolate shot was a fun toy to play with but wouldn't it be great if they can just serve all three kinds and allow diners to mix around freely?

The desserts all sounded very good on the menu, though they leaned on the pricey side. Loved the Tutti Frutti Waffle ($18.90) because the waffles made with Belgium sugar were so fragrant and buttery. The sugar gave it a solid crunchy exterior while the inner dough was thoroughly baked with no hints of wimpy-ness.

However, the O.M.G Double Chocolate Cookie made us go "O.M.G." for a wrong reason. Not only was it difficult to saw with knife and fork, it created so much cling clang on the plate that the noise hazard invited unnecessary attention from other tables. It was surely sweet and tasty, but why would someone pay around $10 for one piece of homemade like cookie and fresh squeezed orange juice sauce? Visit user's blog under profile for full review and pics.

Visited August 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best waffle”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Very tasty waffle and nice atmosphere...busy due to its popularity! Convenient location too if you're using subways as u should be (we visited from England for my partners 30th birthday...he loved it too!)

salt lake city
“Chocolate!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Food was okay, mixed feelings by the members of our group, but the chocolate... oh the chocolate! I don't love things that are super sweet so I was surprised when I fell in LOVE with their milkshakes and hot cocoa. Not too sweet but just sweet enough.

Visited March 2014