“Mmmmm mmmmm chocolate”

Chocolate by the Bald Man, Max Brenner
Reserve with OpenTable
Chocolate by the Bald Man, Max Brenner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #855 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 13th and 14th Streets
Transit: L, N, R, Q, W, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 14th Street/Union Square.
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you walk in, sweetness abound. Only had time to enjoy chocolate samples and purchase. Can't wait to go back and enjoy a meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,819)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great place, nice service, we liked the food, but the chocolate is fantastic, we are glad having found this adress, good new experience.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited as I thought the novelty of a predominately chocolate based menu was too good to miss. The mains were ok, usual sort of choices, pizza , burgers etc. I had the pulled pork which was very tasty but the real reason for visiting is the choice of chocolate desserts. I think my daughter summed it up by saying it is the perfect place to meet a girlfriend, chat and eat chocolate fondue, perhaps when a broken heart needs mending!! My only disappointment was that we were seated upstairs., an area lacking in the atmosphere of downstairs. A bonus was the very tempting chocolate gift shop that enabled me to bring lots of tasty goodies home.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went there on Aug 27th for my mom's bday and went again the next day-that's how much we love the place!!!! Never had a bad meal there. Favorite tomato pizza, black sesame salmon, ice cream pop that comes with dipping sauces/concoctions; burgers are very juicy and hot chocolate consistently great. Best of all - very friendly and efficient service (even if you are part of huge, noisy group:-)

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend decided to give this place a try and reserved a table for sunday evening. We came half an hour early, but were seated right away. The place is really crowded and noisy, but it has a good atmosphere. My boyfriend had the chocolate beer, he was not all that impressed, but he liked it. I had the chocolate martini, it was AWSOME! I really likes it, smooth and sweet :)

We ordered burgers with wafflefries as main course, the food was delivered real quick, after a 10 minute wait. We were really surprised as the place was so busy. The burgers were really good. Meat was perfect, the bun was crunchy and the vegetables were fresh. The fries, the fries were AMAZING! We both fell in love with the fries! They are sprinkled with chili and cocoapowder, truly awsome!

For dessert we had a fondue for two, it was so cosy. We roasted the marshmellows ourselves over this little fire they placed at our table. Such a sweet, by all meanings, experience.

The staff were friendly, efficient and attentive. I really liked that they filled us up on water constantly. So I definetly recommend this place, not to expensive either.