“cosy place and good food!”

Chocolate by the Bald Man, Max Brenner
Reserve with OpenTable
Chocolate by the Bald Man, Max Brenner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #323 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 13th and 14th Streets
Transit: L, N, R, Q, W, 4, 5 & 6 trains to 14th Street/Union Square.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

i loved the atmosphere and the food was delicious! i had an asian salad and an incredible chocolate waffle!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you love chocolate this is probably the place for you. It has chocolate in everything and I must say the smells were delicious. Problem is that the food and service were not very good. We had an awful waiter. Cranky and obviously not in love with his job. He really did not want to discuss the menu and it took forever to get our order. I had the mac cheese. Very greasy and rich. I could not eat it all. I had a chocolate drink for dessert but again it was not as chocolatey as I would have liked. I think I probably just didn't like Max's taste in chocolate. The restaurant itself is beautiful and fun to be in. Lots of activity and it was fun watching people roasting marshmallows. Wouldn't go again but I would say if you are in Unrion Square and want something different you might want to try it.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Make sure you make a reservation because without one, you may wait up to two hours long -- that is what patrons who walked in were told when we went in on a Saturday evening. The food and desserts were delicious and our waiter, Shawn, made it very pleasant and kept the water flowing for my very thirsty child. The only reason the place did not receive a five-star rating was because when we arrived 45 minutes early on our reservation, we asked the hostesses if it was possible to be seated early. She indicated that should be no problem -- that they are waiting on two tables to clear, then we would be seated. Unfortunately, after 15-20 minutes, they gave no indication that things were looking good despite the fact we checked back in twice. We were seated 45 minutes after we had first arrived -- yes, it's our reservation time, but if they had just been fairly forthright and said it didn't look good and that we may need to wait 30 minutes or so, we would have gone out shopping a few blocks away rather than hover in that block. Nevertheless, if you like good burgers, wonderful choc/hazelnut shakes and deelish mac and cheese, this is the place. Warning: it's noisy, so don't expect an intimate setting.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went there for dinner and dessert on Sunday night. The food was good, but the dessert was awesome. It was so good we back for dessert the next night to try something else. I would recommend sharing a meal or a dessert since the desserts are huge and shouldn't be wasted!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

don't overlook a good meal in anticipation for the fabulous desserts. worth a trip for dinner to union square. the burger is out of this world, and the veggie burger is one of the best I have ever eatan.