“Great location, great service!”
Review of The Leon Hotel

The Leon Hotel
Ranked #141 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Great location, great service!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

The hotel is located in Chinatown and near Little Italy so loads of choice for restaurants. All the of the staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms are larger than most hotel rooms in NY and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend the Be Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom M
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

I will pass on to our staff that they were all “helpful and friendly.” This attitude is a cornerstone of who we are and I am very pleased that we met your expectations. I was also pleased that you found the rooms to be large and the beds to be comfortable. A hotel is not much if not for a comfortable bed!

We definitely appreciate you recommending people to Be Hotel. Should you or anyone you know wish to visit New York, please have them reach out to me directly at eaguila@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

Eduardo Aguilar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

It's was better then I expected the customer service great, the room was great, location great .. The best hotel I have every stay in ny. The only thing is I wish they had a mini refrigerator in the rooms but I didn't mind going down to get ice. Overall a great experience will highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Yalanda R
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

It seems that we are great all around, customer service, room and location. I will make sure to commend the Be Team on a job well done in exceeding your expectations during your stay. Everyone works diligently to create an experience for each of our guests. The mini fridge is something that is on my radar and I will looking at this to possibly happen early next year. I will keep everyone posted on this progress.

We hope that we can welcome you back soon. When you decide to come back please feel free to reach out to me directly so that we can take care of you again. I can be reached via email at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Great location (in Chinatown and near Little Italy), spacious room and lovely views. I stayed at the Be Hotel for a couple days and there was only one negative thing I have to note: Housekeeping did not do a great job in cleaning our room. Towels were not replaced, new ice bag was not provided, and garbage was not fully disposed of. One more thing, it will be very difficult to find parking unless you don't mind paying up to $20/day.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MARIE1211
I first want to apologize for us not meeting your expectations and ours, during your visit to Be Hotel. I will make sure to touch base with my housekeeping manager about these issues. We will use this as an opportunity to learn and to be more consistent moving forward with our room cleaning procedures.

I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be in a “great location” and found the rooms to be spacious and with lovely views. Being near a lot of great neighborhoods and at the foot of the Manhattan Bridge does have its perks! You hit the nail on the head with regards to your advice on parking. I would always recommend arriving through taxi or public transportation.

We hope that we can welcome you back so that you may experience Be Hotel and the surrounding neighborhoods again. Should you decide to come please reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Very good hotel + reasonable prices right at the edge of Chinatown. My first time in NYC so loved the location - not too touristy, lots to do and see, Brooklyn bridge nearby which is awesome.

Only real downside, just 1 lift which took a while as I was on 6th floor.

Would defo recommend.

1 Thank royalbluegar
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your most recent stay in NYC.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a very good hotel and reasonably priced. We definitely try to create a balance between the price point and the amenities provided. The location is not “too touristy” as you mentioned and that to me adds to the flavor of Be Hotel and the neighborhood.

We hope that this will not be your last time to NYC. When you decide to come back, please reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Great place to stay expect when it came to my payment im now regretting it. Its been a week I've been calling them for unexpected holds being placed into my account and finally just yesterday they released one of $128. But then turns out they put another one on! $231 my bank had told me the hotel requested it be put on yesterday incase damages to the room were done like what i stayed there over a week ago wouldnt they know of my damages very fed up with this and the manager has only contacted me once hopefully today itll be fixed my card wasn't even used for the holds in the beginning of my stay only the payment just very irritating that its still not fixed yet but besides that it was a nice hotel but i would not stay again after this issue

1 Thank Cp123456
Thank you for staying with us on your most recent stay in NYC.

I want to apologize for not returning the authorization that was taken at check in, in a timely fashion. Authorizations usually take 5-7 business days to be returned after check out, which is a common business practice. Until yesterday, we were at the 6th day marker. We spoke on the phone and I wished you would have mentioned your frustrations then, as opposed to only mentioning it via this platform.

I am glad that we were able to get the matter rectified within the hour after you called. We again apologize for the delay in returning the funds to your credit card. We would love to welcome you back but we completely understand if you are reluctant to do so as a result of this. If you change your mind please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com, we would love to welcome you back.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Now that our daughter lives in NYC, the Be Hotel will definitely become our "go to" hotel for visits. Our room was reasonably priced, very comfortable and a good size for NYC. Modern bathroom, drawers and closet for storage, nice flat screen TV, and a super-comfy bed. We were on the 5th floor and heard no street noise. The staff is friendly and eager to help with tips and suggestions for restaurants and airport transportation. After a busy day in the city, it was the perfect oasis to relax and recharge.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jody77
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

We would love to welcome you back anytime you visit your daughter in New York again and we would be honored to be your “go to” hotel. When you are in a PLK (Parlor King) these room face Chrystie Street which is generally a less busy street than Canal. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our “modern bathrooms, flat screen TV and super comfy bed.”

My favorite part of this review was you mentioning “The staff is friendly and eager to help with tips and suggestions for restaurants and airport transportation:” I have been fortunate as a manager to have a great staff that really has your best interest in mind. We aim to have that one on one connection with our guests. At Be Hotel, you are truly more than a room number!!

We definitely hope that you can come back to visit us again. We wish your daughter well in her new apartment in NYC. On your next visit I would urge you to reach out to me directly so that I may take care of the reservation first hand. I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

As someone who stays in NYC just about every week for business, it's always tricky finding a clean, convenient, quiet hotel downtown. Be Hotel was a gem. The front desk staff was kind and friendly, the room was large, comfortable, and modern. I'm actually hesitant to post this review as I want to keep it a secret!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lauryn B
Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

I know the feeling of finding a great place and wanting to keep it a secret too! We are humbled by the fact that you have chosen us to be on your personal “Gems of NYC” list. We above anything else believe in a strong customer service culture and one that is consistent. If we do that right, we will continue to be successful. We hope that you can visit us more regularly and experience that first hand.

If you are here almost every week for business, you should reach out to me so that we may discuss a corporate rate for you that would be mutually beneficial. Should you decide to come back for business or for leisure, please reach out to me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.