“All-Around Winner”
Review of The Leon Hotel

The Leon Hotel
Ranked #199 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We're a family of professionals with young children. We've stayed at many NYC hotels in the past years, and we think we've found a clear winner. Be Hotel is a great mix of style, comfort, affordable and quality. There was attention to details in every aspect, from the check-in in the modern lobby to the clean and spacious rooms to the wonderful staff. We all said 'WOW' when we entered the room. We felt relaxed and on vacation right as we stepped in.
Location is ideal. Right near a subway station. Easy to get you uptown/downtown. Easy to walk everywhere. Check-out was easy and no hidden fees.
If you're a family, book the family room. It is a gem. Three plush beds, flat-screen TV, coffee machines, and the extra: a 2nd bathroom, pure luxury!
Thank you to the entire team, Eduardo the manager is professional and cares about his team and his guests. We already look forward to our next stay. Merveilleux, on recommande!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank KimFamilyMtl
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Thank you very much to you and your family for staying with us on your most recent trip to NYC and for taking the time to write this great review.

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Be Hotel from start to finish. From the initial “WOW” when you stepped into the room to the “great mix of style, comfort, affordable and quality” you enjoyed during your stay. I agree with you 100% that if you are a travelling family to book the family suite. With all you described it is a great deal and one that has been going fast. We only have 5 in the hotel so I would recommend booking early.

We truly work hard to make sure we impact our guests and I humbly thank you for recognizing the hard work and effort of the staff. While I am the voice of Be Hotel on Trip Advisor there are other people who make this hotel what it is. Christine our HSKP Manager keeps our rooms clean and fresh while Joseph our Front Office manager makes sure we run smoothly at the desk.

We definitely hope that you and your family can come back soon. Should you decide to come back please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Vous êtes merveilleux aussi!!!

There are newer reviews for The Leon Hotel

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at the Be Hotel. The room was large, clean and comfortable. It was very modern looking and we had a gorgeous view of the Manhattan Bridge. This hotel is in the heart of Chinatown. A few blocks away is Little Italy. We were in town to see a play about a mile away and the neighborhood was safe to walk through. We had never experienced Chinatown and we were glad we had!!! The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to NYC.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at Be Hotel and that you enjoyed the ‘gorgeous view of the Manhattan Bridge” while in the confines of your “large clean and comfortable” room. Being at the foot of the Manhattan Bridge gives our guests a great vantage point to enjoy the view. It seems that you ventured out into neighboring Little Italy and went uptown to enjoy a show in addition to experiencing Chinatown itself. A very New York experience!

We definitely hope that you can come back soon and enjoy the many other things NYC has to offer. Should you decide to come back please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is a clean, modern, comfortable hotel at the foot of the Manhattan Bridge in Chinatown. The hotel provides a modest size room with a king size bed and large (~50") flat screen HD TV for less than $200/night which seems to be as good as you can do in lower Manhattan. Looks to have been recently renovated as the all the features, furniture, and linens appear to be relatively new. Closet space was adequate with an in-room safe provided to store valuables if desired. Bathroom was clean with modern fixtures and plenty of storage space. No soap dish in the shower but with the bath gel and shampoo provided this was not really needed.

We were not able to get the free wi-fi offered connected to the internet using a kindle, an android phone ,and nook color tablet but we were only there one night so this was not a major issue.

The staff was helpful and friendly.

2  Thank Jeffrey G
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to NYC.

I was pleased to read that you overall in enjoyed your stay at Be Hotel. You enjoyed the king size bed, the linen, the 42 inch LG TV and the adequate closet space along with the modern fixtures. We are actually new, not renovated. Everything that is the in hotel is under 5 months old.

I apologize for you not being able to take advantage of the FREE Wi-Fi, it is there as a perk for our guests. I do not know the specifics involved in this particular incident but we provide a 24 hour internet help desk that can assist in trouble shooting any device.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near the future. Should you decide to come back to NYC and visit Be Hotel, please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

It is little away from the centre of attractions. That made this hotel quiet and good for a nice family stay. Staff were good. Because air conditioning was not working on one of the days, price was decreased by 50% for that day.

Room Tip: Beautiful view of Brooklyn bridge and New York skyline from the nearby Manhattan bridge

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to NYC.

I had the pleasure of meeting you and your family during this trip. I am glad that you were able to see many sites that we recommended and that you took full advantage of your time here with us.

I want to again apologize for the inconvenience of having the air condition unit malfunction on the last night of your stay. I had a chance to speak with you at check out and I am glad that we were able to find an amicable solution. The air conditioning problem has since been resolved as to avoid any future issues.

You came very far to see us but I hope that we may be able see you and your family again soon. Should you decide to come back, please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Just spent one night at the Be and it was an excellent experience. The rooms where sparkly clean as were the all white linens. The beds and pillow were top of the line. The view out our window was amazing. The Arch entering the Manhattan bridge was right out our window. Awesome! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Right across the street from a neighborhood park for the children to play in. Right on the edge of C...
2  Thank clglennan

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to NYC.

I was very pleased to read that you had an “excellent” experience while on your trip to Be Hotel.
It seems that you enjoyed the beds, linens and the view of the Manhattan Bridge from your room. We are actually looking at purchasing custom seat cushions for the large window sills, so that our guests may further enjoy the views. This project is still in its infancy but I will keep everyone posted.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Be Hotel in the near future. Should you decide to come back or know of anyone who is coming to NYC, please feel free to provide them my information. I can be emailed at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

A well designed and comfortable room for an affordable price on the crossroad of Manhattan and Brooklyn. No extra's, only sleeping but a helpful and polite staff! Public transport is near to anywhere in NY. Situated in Chinatown, though in walking distance Soho, Noho and East Village.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Micha_Bruinvels
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your most recent visit to NYC.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy the “well designed and comfortable” rooms as well as experience our “helpful and polite staff.” A common theme among some of our guest posts is that we are either no frills or simple. I want to point out that every room comes with custom furniture from AAI, 42 inch LG TV, complimentary Kuerig coffee machine, iHome iPod/iPhone docks, Pablo desk lamp, MOR bath products and Frette Linen. We feel that this is a great assortment of products but we are in the process of further enhancing not only the guest rooms but also our lobby retail space with a food and beverage outlet. We will keep you updated on our progress.

We hope that you can come back to experience these enhancements first hand! Should you decide to come back to NYC, I would hope that you reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel was clean, confortable et close to the subway. The view from the room was fantastic. The price was really reasonable for a two beds rooms for a family. Room was clean with all the facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ChristineH25

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here with us. You booked into one of our “fantastic” reasonably priced studio doubles which provides ample room for a party of 2-4 people with about 320 sq. ft. Though the view is in my opinion, better in our superior doubles, the view in our studio doubles still provides a great vantage point of the Manhattan Bridge.

We definitely hope that you can come back and visit us again. Should you decide to come back, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.