New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Leon Hotel

The Leon Hotel
Ranked #94 of 478 Hotels in New York City
boston, ma
“Great location, very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband & I stayed here for a weekend, and had a very comfortable visit. The staff we met at check in were very friendly and helpful, the room was big for Manhattan and everything was clean. The location is great for seeing lower Manhattan and there are a lot of good restaurants and bars nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank belfast10
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for your most recent visit to Be Hotel.

I am happy that you and your husband had a “very comfortable” stay while with us. It seems that you took advantage of some of the local haunts in the area. We are fortunate to have so many different neighborhoods in close proximity to each other, Chinatown, Little Italy, Lower East Side and Noho. Each neighborhood can provide something for everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip. Maybe I can provide some of my local favorites for you to add to the list of the things you enjoy in NYC? Should you decide to come back, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Eduardo Aguilar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I found this hotel on the Hotel Tonight app after a mixup at the previous hotel I'd been staying at all week for work, and had no idea what to expect. Saying I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. It's in a great location with easy access to lower Manhattan, and is in a very clean, unassuming building. The staff was so friendly and welcoming that I wished I would have been here all week rather than farther uptown.

The room was a nice size and very clean. I loved the long desk since I was there for work and could really spread out. There were ample outlets for charging devices (you'd be surprised how difficult this can sometimes be in NYC hotels!), and the bed was so comfortable. I was also impressed with how quiet the room was, especially being in Manhattan. I slept like a baby and woke up feeling great.

The bathroom was also very nice and clean with the typical amenities.

I'd definitely recommend staying here, and wouldn't hesitate to do so again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your praise of Be Hotel and of our staff.

At times, the unexpected can be a very welcoming occurrence. I am glad that you were “pleasantly surprised” on your most recent visit to Be Hotel. It seems that we hit our marks when it came to space, comfort, cleanliness and outlet accessibility. (Being a traveler myself, I also understand the importance of outlets!) Our team works diligently to provide a clean environment for our guests and luckily we have a team that makes everyone feel welcomed.

When you decide to come back to NYC and stay for a week, I hope that you would utilize my information to secure your reservation. I can be reached via email at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

After a week spent on Shelter Island just off Long Island we had a weekend to spend in the NY City before flying back to London.

Booked the BE a Hotel as a last minute choice and what a choice rooms very nice and views you would normally pay extra for.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jonathan S
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to write a few kind words about Be Hotel from your most recent trip to NYC.

I was pleased to read that we met your expectations on this last minute reservation and that you felt the room and views were “choice.” The views are amazing in my opinion and come standard with many of our room categories.

We look forward to your next visit and hope that we can see you again soon!

Warm Regards.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Hotel is very unassuming front door - do not let that fool you. Great view to the Manhattan bridge and right down the street from Chinatown/Little Italy and my favorite bar on earth, The Whiskey Tavern. Note - not sure about fitness center/pool so no comment there.

Room Tip: Try and face Manhattan Bridge (South Side)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Kyle H
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to write about your most recent trip to Be Hotel.

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback on the hotel. You are correct that some of our rooms do have great views of the Manhattan Bridge. The front door comparison is very similar to who we are as a hotel. We are taking steps to further enhance our property but that will not deter us from always trying to provide TOP-NOTCH service.

Again, thank you for writing about Be Hotel it is genuinely appreciated. We hope that when you come back to NYC that you stay with us again. Should you decide to, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

***While we are looking to make more enhancements, a swimming pool and fitness center are unfortunately not in those plans at this current time***
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nothing but good things to say about this newly opened hotel. Great with wi-fi in rooms and plenty of closet space. Close to the Manhattan bridge but the trafficking wasn't really disturbing at night. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking a moment to write about your most recent trip to Be Hotel.

We really appreciate your comments and I was very pleased to read that we are “fresh and stylish” and that you would recommend our hotel. Early in our opening we were experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues in our Parlor King rooms, which you stayed in. Due to the feedback from our Trip Advisor page, we were able to identify this problem and address it. I am very happy that we were able to correct the issue and that you took notice.

We definitely hope that you can come back to visit us soon. Should you decide to, please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Spent a wonderful weekend at Be and was impressed with everything from location to staff to decor to cleanliness. King room spacious with great view of Manhattan Bridge. Easy access to subway and love that great neighborhoods of Chinatown and Little Italy were just down the street. Excellent value. Quiet. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Very quiet and well appointed. King bed is wonderful to sleep in but takes up a lot of real estate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your most recent stay at Be Hotel.

I was very pleased to read the "Loved it" headline and that you were "impressed with everything from location to staff to décor to cleanliness." We are fortunate to have a team in place that takes ownership of their roles here and takes pride in what they do. I will make sure that ALL of my staff members are commended for impacting your stay in a positive way.

We are in the process of enhancing our guest experience and we hope that you can return to experience these enhancements. Should you decide to make a trip back to NYC I would hope that you would reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great new hotel in the city, location is great and accessible to major subway lines. Next to Chinatown and Little Italy. Views of Manhattan bridge, Freedom Tower, and downtown are awesome from the rooms. Rooms are well equipped with comfortable beds, and the service was great. A package arrived after we had left the hotel, and a staff member took a taxi to Brooklyn and hand delivered it. Totally exceeded my expectations!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor possible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking a moment to write a few kind words about Be Hotel in regards to your most recent trip to NYC.

I was delighted to read that that you felt our “service was great” and that we exceeded your expectations. I vividly remember this Sunday and us delivering the package to you in Brooklyn. We definitely try to help our guests in any capacity we can and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Javid was the front desk agent who delivered the package before your flight. I will make sure to commend him for his efforts.

Again, thank you for writing about Be Hotel and our staff, it is greatly appreciated. We definitely hope that when you come back to NYC that you stay with us again. Should you decide to, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.