“Best Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I love me some Diablo! I'm here at least twice a month. The your choice 3 tacos for $20 is a real pleaser, served with rice & beans. The raspberry margs are delicious. It does get loud here so if you're looking to have an intimate chat this is not a place for you, just great tacos and more tacos. I've actually never had anything else here, just tacos.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Diablo Royale is a small restaurant--the tables are a little tight--but the food was fabulous and drinks were delish. I had two drinks: a blood orange margarita, which had a nice tang to it (definitely not too sweet), and the signature Ricky, which is 3/4 beer and 1/4 margarita, which is good, but not my favorite.

For dinner I had the chile relleno, which comes with a fried egg on top. I wasn't too sure about the egg aspect, but I went for it anyway and I'm really glad I did. I loved it! The dish is very spicy, but a flavorable spicy. The egg just made it a little more interesting. The relleno filled me up, but it was so yummy I kept dipping chips into the sauces because I couldn't get enough of it.

I was busy talking with my friends, so I didn't notice the scene too much. We had a lovely table by the open doors to the sidewalk, so the atmosphere was great, although the restaurant was a little dark. I would definitely go back here.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I went to DIablo Royale with a friend recently. We were told it would be a half hour wait and we put our name on a list. I was surprised when they actually seated us at a hightop table. I always assumed that these tables were for drinks only. It was a very small table and not enough room for the meal and drinks. The meal, however, was very good. I had shrimp enchiladas. The margaritas were great too. I probably wouldn't have waited it out had I known I would have to sit at a hightop table though...I would recommend that they tell people when they add your name to the list.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2010

great open space for brunch or late night drinks, try their signature ricky or spicy bloody maria and enjoy the buzzing breezy atmosphere...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 30, 2009

pretty douchey scene, and not cheap...solid nachos, over priced tacos, liked the frozen mojito

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook