Lowest prices for your stay
$200
Free cancellation until 12/16/22
travelup.com
$217
Hilton Garden Inn
$194
Free cancellation until 12/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.com$200
Hotels.com$200
Lol.travel$233
1,660 results
All reviews the empire state building great location subway station front desk staff would stay here again rooms are small city view few blocks around the corner nyc hotels king bed coffee maker times square midtown hgi lobby microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2019

I was almost hit by a car walking to the hotel slipped and badly cut my elbow. On getting to the hotel staff helped me clean up, provided me with alcohol swabs and bandaged my elbow. They then offered me a bottle of water. I was extremely shaken up and their courtesy made me feel better turning what could have been a bad incident into one that had little impact. Facilities are good and location is great but it was the staff that made the stay

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank csl1961
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Dear csl1961, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We are glad that you are ok and it was certainly our pleasure to help you!! We appreciate your kind words and hope for the opportu9ity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed August 1, 2019

Stayed at the HGI Midtown Park Avenue for a long weekend. Checked in the app and was able to choose a room at next to the stairwell, farthest from the elevator on the 18th floor. It was clean and quite in the back of the hotel. We heard nothing from our neighbors or the hallway. That part was perfect. The room was smallish, but was perfect for two people.

Our issue focused mainly on breakfast. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, we choose the free breakfast. Save yourself the trouble and just take the points. The breakfast, as others have pointed out, is severely lacking. Nothing made to order, just hot trays of runny eggs, cereals, toast, oatmeal, and muffins placed on the bar of the adjacent restaurant. The oatmeal was completely inedible (looked like someone had dumped hot water on top of the previous days oatmeal), 2 of the four cereals were empty, and the muffins and bread had been picked over. There are so many easy to get to places with inexpensive breakfasts nearby. Do that instead.

Otherwise, I would choose to stay here again. The hotel is an easy walk from Penn Station, sits on top of the 6-train, and is not far from Grand Central.

Room tip: Rooms away from the elevator (ending in 08 and 11) are quite.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dctravel
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2019

Dear dctravel, thanks for your recent Trip Advisor review! We certainly do appreciate your kind words on how "clean and quiet" your guest-room was, however I am sorry that your breakfast experience was less than excellent. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2019

The service and breakfast are sub par. No cooked to order breakfast. Plastic utensils. No table service. Management does not address issues. Many other HGI in Manhattan to choose from. Avoid this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank 808jmps
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear 808jmps, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. I am sorry that your dining experience was less than excellent, however I am glad that we had the opportunity to meet and discuss your concerns in person. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Booked this hotel to be close to my daughter for a visit. Definitely wanted a high floor since usually quieter . 22nd floor is what I received upon check in. Staff warm and welcoming and I had my room key quickly ! Three elevators which is not typical in NYC. Very nice and never waited . Room smelled lovely and fresh upon entering . Linens clean and bathroom spotless . Bed and pillows very comfy. Good Ac which I like since I love it to be super cold . Good gym. Coffee each morning in lobby. Close to Park and so many great spots to eat and drink . Shout out to all the staff from front desk to housekeeping who were very pleasant and happy to help . This will be my new stay over when in NYC. Terrific from start to finish. Thanks!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Gatorsxc2
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Dear Gatorsxc2, thank you for the excellent Trip Advisor review! My team and I are thrilled that your stay was so enjoyable and we appreciate your kind words and thank you for recognizing how "very pleasant and happy to help" the Front Desk and Housekeeping teams were! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

Having a Subway stop at the end of the block on on the other side of the block from our daughter's dorm was highly convenient. Service was unfailingly polite, accommodating, and helpful. As I suppose is standard for Manhattan, the rooms are tight, especially the doubles. Exacerbating that, the bed frames are wood and protrude on the corners, assuring that your knees or shins will be scraped up unless you're very careful. If you get claustrophobic sitting in your room, the lobby spaces are quite comfortable. Wifey also loved the cranberry oatmeal cookies in the lobby every afternoon, although I wish coffee were offered in the afternoon. The computer room was small but rarely occupied, so 2 PC's with printers was plenty. I was under the impression that the sheets would be changed every day, but my daughter spilled some cereal while laying in bed, and I found some of it 2 days later, so that was disappointing, but other than that and the scrapes on my knees, it was pretty nice.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Mapamagician

Dear Mapamagician, thanks for your recent Trip Advisor review! We are so glad that your stay with us was so enjoyable! We appreciate that you took the time to recognize our excellent Midtown NYC location as well as our yummy Oatmeal Bites and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!