3 people are viewing this hotel
$217
Hilton Garden Inn
$194
Free cancellation until 12/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.com$200
Vio.com$200
Algotels$271
1,660 results
All reviews the empire state building great location subway station front desk staff would stay here again rooms are small city view few blocks around the corner nyc hotels king bed coffee maker times square midtown hgi lobby microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2019

They should do more training with their front desk team. When I first came into their lobby, there was no warm greeting to us. The front desk people were all pretty unfriendly and no smile on their face. Just like a robot repeating SOP check-in process, I also tried to ask other requests that it would help me to feel better with his unprofessional service, but he seemed that he didn't want to assist me. Hilton? excuse me, the front desk must have to be available with any request! Another issue was that their front desk agents were chatting and laughing all the time when I stopped by the desk, even when I was going to check out, it was impolite to the guest because we might feel less attention from them. I felt pretty bad because I had traveled a lot and never had those unpleasant experience so that why I felt it was ridiculous that the Hilton hotel provided that horrible service. The last complaint about this stay was their GM sent out an email after I checked out, but an email looked module without any customize, I tried to express my feeling to see if they could see this as an opportunity to make things right. However, I was disappointed again, because their GM just did apologies and said he would pass this information to their team, well, was that a GM supposed to calm their unhappy guests? Overall, it was the worst hotel stay in my life, due to those unacceptable factors, I won't ever stay at this hotel anymore. Please do more training with your front desk team.
If you want to have fun in the big apple, choose wisely because you never want your trip got ruined by Hilston hotel.

Room tip: Horrible service
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank foodslover131
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear foodslover131, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. My team and I are sorry that your stay with us was less than excellent. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 212.755.1108 so that we discuss your concerns. I do look forward to speaking with you. Thanks.

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is in a good location. Rooms are a generation outdated when viewed next to comparable Hilton portfolio properties. Television is small, even for a NYC room. There are no USB outlets for charging anywhere in the room. These are standard in any name brand hotel today.

Hotel is clean, no other complaints. Elevators are quick.

I would most likely consider other locations for up to date amenities.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank M511Tatical

Dear GtiFreak04, thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am sorry that your recent stay with us was less than excellent, however we do appreciate that you took the time to recognize how clean the hotel was and to point out how quick our elevators were. We do hope for another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

This is better than most of the numerous franchised lower-end brands that have sprung up all over Midtown over the last few years, especially in terms of room quality and staff friendliness. However, don't go for the breakfast buffet - not only is it a bizarre system of singing when you come in with a voucher (aka a hotel business card!) and once again on the way out - not sure why a self-service buffet expects a tip?) but the quality and selection of food is beyond poor. Not worth it in Manhattan where you are spoiled for choice when it comes to food. The restaurant looks like the day after a frat party as it serves as a bar as well during the evenings. Also, small things don't work, such as the in-room safe. Even after requesting repair and waiting for one hour, no repairman came. I was assured by email later in the day it was working, but unfortunately not the case upon returning to the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank mssbh71
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dear mssbh71, thanks for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate your kind words and thank you for recognizing our "room quality and staff friendliness"! I am sorry that your breakfast experience was less than excellent and that your overall stay with us was less than excellent. We hope for another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2019

I often stay at a number Hilton hotels and they are reaalr top notch, but on two occasions I got a rash from the linens on the bed and the shower was not properly fixed. Management handle my situation wonderfully, but I prefer when I check in it would be like my very first visit again

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Trek06855526535

Dear Trek06855526535, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. We certainly do appreciate your feedback and hope for another opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thanks.

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Good hotel well located in the midtown of Manhattan. The surrounded areas have many affordable restaurants, Macys is very close and other great stores. Metro station close. The hotel needs to have better costumer service.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Irma S

Dear Irma S, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.