Lowest prices for your stay
$200
Free cancellation until 12/16/22
$200
Free cancellation until 12/15/22
Hilton Garden Inn
$194
Free cancellation until 12/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
travelup.com$217
Hotels.com$200
Lol.travel$233
1,660 results
All reviews the empire state building great location subway station front desk staff would stay here again rooms are small city view few blocks around the corner nyc hotels king bed coffee maker times square midtown hgi lobby microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2019

I stayed at this property over a weekend in late January 2019, at the end of a business trip. I decided to stay an extra couple days on my dime, and this is the location I chose. Having stayed down the street at a Boutique hotel, I figured this would be a good place to spend the weekend. I highly appreciate that they recognized my Gold Status and were able to get me into my room at 9am, well before regular check-in.

A couple things to note here. If you look at the hotel from the outside, you will notice that it has a relatively small footprint (As is to be expected for NYC), and as such, you know ahead of time what you're getting in terms of square footage for your room. On this particular stay, I booked a King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite (Although it's not an actual suite, since a suite has a door separating the seating area from the sleeping quarters -- This place only has a thin wall separating one from the other.)

I booked a Suite because I was hoping for extra room as I was entertaining some guests Saturday evening, but we ended up going out instead due to the highly claustrophobic feel of the suite. It has a love-seat in the living room in very cramped quarters, you can't really move around without running into people or someone needing to get up and move so you can comfortably move around. I figured it would be small quarters, just didn't think something billed as a suite would be very reduced in size.

I liked that it did have a microwave and fridge as well as a Keurig. Extra touches like that is what sets some of these Hilton properties apart from the rest. It was my first stay in NYC where there was a microwave included with the room. Being that there are a ton of eating options in the area, having a microwave to heat up leftovers late night is clutch.

The bathroom in the suite was very modern and I always love that most Hilton properties use Neutrogena skin care products in their bathrooms. Well light and clean bathroom and nicely appointed glass door shower with great water pressure, even up in the 27th floor.

The bed was highly comfortable, just need more pillows. Four small pillows on a King Bed doesn't cover much. I don't know if they had a water spill prior to my stay, but the entire floor reaked of mildew badly -- Thank God that smell didn't permeate into the rooms. Another thing is, you can often hear doors closing and people walking out in the hallways, so that might be a deal killer for some.

I stayed during a very frigid part of January in the middle of a polar vortex. Unfortunately the heating in the room was not effective in warming up the room. I had to set it to 78 degrees and it never got above 69 degrees. Often I had to keep long johns on while relaxing in the room. Other properties have strong heating, but this property, not so much.

I would stay here again, if I got a competitive rate, like I did last time. Overall, a solid property, with a few shortcomings, but this is NYC, so overall, a good experience.

Room tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator bank.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear BRUIN_SKIIZ, thank you for your very thorough review of the Hilton Garden Inn New York Midtown / Park Avenue! My team and I truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2019

Staying at Hilton hotels are always nice but this one was kind of down the beaten path of most touristy attractions. However, It is very nice for the price you pay and most events and attractions are walking distance.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

Dear Amy L, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2019

Great location near midtown. Customer service excellent. Room has good layout and amenities. Connected to nice restaurant/bar. Especially good for business travel. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Nomad62535581780
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2019

Dear Nomad62535581780, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

Half way through our stay and found the hotel one of the best we've stayed in on our many trips to New York.We booked corner room 531,very decent size, clean, warm and comfortable bed , central location, close to all ameneties. A very good hotel that ticks all the boxes.

Mr J Wilson
Scotland

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Q3010GHjamesw, thank you so much for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

What’s great: 10 steps away from a subway station, literally across the hotel, 3 blocks away from Empire State and NO daily resort fee.

The room is smaller than we expected it to be but it had everything we needed including microwave and refrigerator. Bathroom was tidy. Also, housekeepers do their rounds daily and left us notes when we didn’t want our rooms to be cleaned.

We came in early and we were offered a room before standard check in time. The staff was nice and attentive.

No free daily breakfast but they have free coffee in the morning and water and cookies in the afternoon.

We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Dear krissylivestowander, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! Thank you for recognizing how "nice and attentive" the team was during your stay! We hope to see you again soon!