“Very Nice Neighborhood Bistro”
Review of Bistro Citron - CLOSED

Bistro Citron
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: West 83rd Street
Transit: 1 at 79th Street and Broadway B & C at 81st Street and Central Park West.
Description: French Bistro on New York's gorgeous upper west side. Enjoy a glass of wine at our premiere bar. Dine on Parisian favorites from soupe a l'oignon and steak frites to boeuf bourgingonne and coq au vin. The true French bistro experience is at Bistro Citron on Manhattans beautiful upper west side.
Vermont
“Very Nice Neighborhood Bistro”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We have friends who live around the corner, and they have taken me here several times. When my husband and I competed a visit to the American Museum of Natural History, this cozy spot immediately came to mind since Citron is only 2 blocks away. We had a delicious onion soup and a good Caesar salad. My husband had a wonderful crepe ham and Brie. It is very clear that this is a favorite neighborhood spot, but I love the way the maitre'd makes all who enter feel welcomed and part of the genial ambience.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Three visits later...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We can say we LOVED this little French bistro. Everything on the menu was wonderful and the # of French-speaking guests reinforced its authenticity!

Visited January 2013
Parker, CO
“very very good, worth a go”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

went to dinner with two friends for special BD - food very good not great. Wonderful attentive service - strong alcoholic beverages - ordered two but only had one and a half - they are strong! :) Had sea bass was very very tasty - well made - salad was boring, desert was fabulous - warm chocolate ganache lava cake - small and perfect and creme brullee very tasty. - overall - I would absolutely go there again - gave it a 4 rating because I tend to like more veggies - and I am partial to restaurants that are farm to table - but truly this is an adorable bistro with very very good food and a great wait staff.

• Visited January 2013
Albuquerque, NM
“Perfect Nicoise”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I showed up hungry at brunch time on Sunday, all by myself. They were busy but I got a nice table right away. I'd seen a diner in the window, eating what looked like a terrific salade nicoise, and though I had been thinking about eggs, couldn't resist. It was the right call, for me anyhow--great ingredients, generous but not daunting portion, a croissant on the side! The place has an authentically French feel, although the waiters are much nicer. Crisp service, buzzy but easy atmosphere. There are a ton of places for brunch in the neighborhood, but I would go again, maybe try an omelette or sandwich next time.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good is wonderful, service is excellent! Classic French bistro menu. And the tuna is particularly yummy.

Visited September 2012