“Simple French”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Citron - CLOSED

Bistro Citron
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: West 83rd Street
Transit: 1 at 79th Street and Broadway B & C at 81st Street and Central Park West.
Description: French Bistro on New York's gorgeous upper west side. Enjoy a glass of wine at our premiere bar. Dine on Parisian favorites from soupe a l'oignon and steak frites to boeuf bourgingonne and coq au vin. The true French bistro experience is at Bistro Citron on Manhattans beautiful upper west side.
NE US
“Simple French”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I ate here in a group of about 12 people from work. It started off well with good size pours of wine at the bar. We all had the $25 3-course pre fixe dinner. I had the crab cakes and they were the highlight of the meal: 2 small cakes with a nice frisee salad. My wife and I both had the ½ chicken main course. The dark meat was okay, but the white meat was over cooked and dry. The French fries were fine, but the green bean vegetable thing was bland. The mussels were quite popular and the portion was large. That was probably the better way to go. Almost everyone had the warm apple tart for dessert. It was about ¼ inch think and just acceptable. The profiteroles, however, looked quite nice. The bread was a piece of warm French bread that was nice, but we were never offered a second piece. The service was fine. I am glad this was a work meal; it was fine for the price.

Visited September 2012

Toronto
“Nice lunch spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in the neighborhood and stopped here for lunch. We enjoyed our lunch - my husband had the French onion soup which had great flavour followed by a crepe which was good. I had the cold beet soup and it was fabulous and then the crab salad which I enjoyed. Service was ok. Very reasonably priced for the quality of the food. It has an outdoor patio which we liked as we enjoy the people watching in New York. Would go back if in the area again.

Brussels, Belgium
“great service, good food !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

spent our last lunch in NY at Citron, watching Italy-Croatia game with Italian locals ! a memorable moment ! a great burger and excellent Omelette ! Enjoy !!

• Visited June 2012
Qualicum Beach, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An evening at Citron”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

A great little neighborhood bar and restaurant. Enjoyed their house specialty mussels and desserts. Good coffee too!

Visited March 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“A delectable late dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

My friend and I ate at Bistro Citron on a Monday night around 8:30 in the evening to celebrate a special occasion while we were visiting the city. The first thing we noticed was the tasteful French decor and the warm welcome by the host as we arrived. The service continued to be engaging, attentive, genuine, and professional throughout our meal. Bistro Citron was neither crowded nor noisy. The meal was delicious - from the light and flavorful onion tart, the complex red pepper and fennel soupe du jour, the melt-in-your-mouth sole meunière in its brown butter sauce, and the lobster ravioli. A special touch was the rich paté that was served alongside the fresh bread and butter before the meal. We only hoped we'd left room for the exciting and extensive dessert menu. We would happily recommend Bistro Citron and hope to return again on our next trip to New York.

• Visited May 2012