“Perfect for an Intern” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Alexander
New York City, New York
“Perfect for an Intern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

To start off, hotel Alexander is in a great and safe location. I could go for a jog at 11 pm and feel safe. It is also located near the 1,2,3 trains, which is very convenient because it makes my commute to Wall Street an average of 35 minutes. Rebecca the old manager is gone, and so far the new staff is nice and willing to accommodate.

pros/cons- the WiFi is not the best in your room, but the one in the lobby works well. There are about 4 bathrooms or 5 per floor, so everyone shares them unless you have your own. I have never had a problem with not being able to shower when I want. Sharing a bathroom would be more of an issue for girls, or maybe a small family with a baby, but i don't really mind, a shower catty and shower shoes work for me. As of right now, you have to do laundry in the building next door, but that is not too much of a hassle, i have been here four weeks and haven't had any trouble.
-The laundry room and gym in the basement are currently being renovated, but i think management said it would be done by the end of the summer.
--elevator is a little slow, and small

the hotel in general is currently being renovated, and my room was very nice and looked exactly hot it looks on the website,
-Housekeeping cleans your room once a week
-the bathrooms are cleaned everyday
-I have left money,my watch, necklace etc... on my desk and nothing has yet to be stolen (knock on wood)

The price you pay for living here overall is a awesome deal if you come in the city for work or school.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank RamiroSanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

stayed there for sabbath it was amazing the dealt really well with some of my personal requests being that im a hassidic jew and not permitted under the jewish law tp do certain things for instance use electric keys so they went out of their way and left a regular key at the front desk for me!!!!!!!! the best hotel in wet side

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Be very careful with this place, READ THE DETAILS. I'm currently staying here and the reservations woman (Rebecca) is extremely scandalous and has forced me into a situation where I have to share a bathroom with four rooms.

I made one request, a private bathroom.

Rebecca (in charge of all reservations) emailed me back an itinerary pasted at the bottom of the email, ignoring my request and not mentioning the last room is in fact a shrared bathroom.

During my 4 week stay (which i'm currently in the middle of) I was scheduled to move 6 times, the last room, buried at the bottom of the itinerary was a shared bathroom. I had no idea about it until today the day I moved into the new room (today 10.20.13)

I tried fixing this with Rebecca and she took zero responsibility. The hotel is 100% full, with a wait list.

Which is why I find it hard to believe they wouldn't honor a cancelation for the remainder of the time...if the hotel is full and has a wait list, why not let me out of the contract I was tricked into signing at 330AM (the time I moved in and officially signed, or GIVE me a room with a bathroom as i requested.

This is a skethcy, dirty place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
22 Thank jahrichie
Hotel A, Marketing Manager at Hotel Alexander, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at Hotel Alexander. All feedback is important to us.

Thanks to our excellent reputation as an extended stay hotel, The Hotel Alexander has a particularly high occupancy rate. For that reason, you were informed that in order for us to accommodate your reservation, which was made on very short notice, room changes would be necessary. It seems that you did not read the confirmation email that was sent ahead of your reservation. The confirmation email clearly informed you about the details of your three scheduled room changes. We do apologize that you had to change rooms, but as we're 100% occupied, that was the only way we could accept your reservation.

In closing, you posted a photo of the 6th Floor corridor that is currently being upgraded and newly renovated. We are always upgrading our hotel. The renovations of all of the other corridors have been completed. The 6th floor hallways will be beautifully completed as well in a just few days. Your depiction was unfair and misleading.

Rebecca
Marketing Manager

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Good location Close to subway, restaurants, subway. The rooms do not look anything like the pictures. They are small and cramped. Carpets need cleaning or replaced. I needed to extend my stay and was charged and additional $250.00 fee. I find this to be a rip off since I had already paid this fee at the start of my stay here. I was made to change rooms a couple of times. The last time was a week before my departure. The marketing manager is abrupt and condescending. The employees at the front desk and housekeeping are very nice.
The neighborhood is nice but that's about all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank VOZ77
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

OMG! I really can't begin to explain how Hotel Alexander has been a life saver during my transition from DC to NYC. I moved to NYC on Feb 9 to work at my company's Chelsea Pier location. I am very familiar with NYC but not the hotel. So, I didn't know what to expect upon arrival. When I arrived, the gentlemen at the front desk was very nice and helpful. When I walked into my room, I was really impressed with the size of my room. I couldn't believe it, especially in NYC. I have a queen size bed, flat screen TV (with cable), huge wall mirror, lamp, desk, microwave, refrigerator, and huge walk in closet. I immediately felt right at home and so comfortable.I love coming home from work or an evening out on town, reading a book in my room, or working from my room. Why? That's because it 's extremely quiet and peaceful. The other tenants staying at the hotel are very respectful. Everyone has an agenda whether they're visiting the city, moving to NYC for work, or spending a semester at the hotel while studying at one of the local universities. And let me not forget about how clean everything is.The shared bathrooms are always immaculate. The maids are very nice. I opted for room cleaning on Tuesday and they do an amazing job. The room cleaning service really helps with my busy lifestyle. The location of the hotel is amazing. A block up from Broadway (restaurants, shopping, grocery stores, movie theater, etc). There's so much to do in the area. Not too mention, the train station is a block up on the corner of 94th & Broadway. You can catch the 1,2, and 3 trains. I work off of 18th & 12 Ave. It literally takes me 15 min to get to 18th & 7 Ave. I absolutely, love it. I have opted to stay for an additional 30 days, while in search for permanent residency. I almost lost my spot in the hotel by not giving the General Manager, Evan, enough notice. I was unaware earlier the better. I explained to him my situation and he told me that he had another room for me. I was worried that I wasn't going to be unable to move out / in on the same day. Evan told to me contact him in (2) days after we spoke. I was in limbo and worried about my belongings, especially since I don't have any family in the NYC area. I emailed Evan (2) days later and rest assure he came through. I'm able to move in / out on the same day and not miss work. Evan and his staff are amazing. Not too mention, they're very responsive.

- Keyona (Washington, DC)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Keyona76
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Alexander for one month. The room is quite small but has a wardrobe as well. Everything is clean and the staff is friendly. Housekeeping comes once a week! You chose what day on arrival. There was a small fridge and a microwave in our room. The radiators could get really hot but we asked the staff to turn them off which they eventually did. The hotel is just minutes from a main subway station, many shops, cafées and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Davidandlovisa
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We recently rented a room at the Hotel Alexander for my son who is attending school in Manhattan. After reading the reviews I didn't know which way to go and decided to check it out for myself. Exchanging emails with Evan was my first introduction...he answered all emails right away, and was always available to take my call. Erica initially showed us the room and she was very sweet and extremely helpful. Eventually we came to deal with Parul and again, I never had to wait for a response, she could not have been better about getting back to me. If I got on their nerves with all of my questions and concerns, they NEVER showed it...they were all very helpful, patient, and more than courteous. The initial room we chose ended up being smaller than we had anticipated so we requested the private queen with a bathroom. As soon as the staff were in on Monday, the switch was made...no hassles, no questions...just them trying to please us. The rooms are clean and modern, the fridge and microwave are perfect. The common area is kept immaculate and the front desk staff is always friendly and extremely helpful. This was a scary time for me as a mother, moving my son to NYC to attend school and work...I can't say enough about the Evan, Parul, and the staff at the Alexander for going above and beyond to make this transition easier. I would recommend them to anyone!
Thank you again for all of your help!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business