Hotel Alexander
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Grant Hotel(New York City)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Newton(New York City)
  • Free Internet
Royal Park Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Belnord Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Marrakech Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Broadway Tower(New York City)
View Hotel
Riverside Tower Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Morningside Inn(New York City)
View Hotel
All reviewsupper west sidecentral parknew yorksubway stationwi fifew blockshudson rivermanhattanpharmacies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Alexander for one month. The room is quite small but has a wardrobe as well. Everything is clean and the staff is friendly. Housekeeping comes once a week! You chose what day on arrival. There was a small fridge and a microwave in our room. The radiators could get really hot but we asked the staff to turn them off which they eventually did. The hotel is just minutes from a main subway station, many shops, cafées and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Davidandlovisa
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We recently rented a room at the Hotel Alexander for my son who is attending school in Manhattan. After reading the reviews I didn't know which way to go and decided to check it out for myself. Exchanging emails with Evan was my first introduction...he answered all emails right away, and was always available to take my call. Erica initially showed us the room and she was very sweet and extremely helpful. Eventually we came to deal with Parul and again, I never had to wait for a response, she could not have been better about getting back to me. If I got on their nerves with all of my questions and concerns, they NEVER showed it...they were all very helpful, patient, and more than courteous. The initial room we chose ended up being smaller than we had anticipated so we requested the private queen with a bathroom. As soon as the staff were in on Monday, the switch was made...no hassles, no questions...just them trying to please us. The rooms are clean and modern, the fridge and microwave are perfect. The common area is kept immaculate and the front desk staff is always friendly and extremely helpful. This was a scary time for me as a mother, moving my son to NYC to attend school and work...I can't say enough about the Evan, Parul, and the staff at the Alexander for going above and beyond to make this transition easier. I would recommend them to anyone!
Thank you again for all of your help!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Sue729
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel Alexander was the best living situation I could have chosen as a summer intern in NYC. I stayed two months with two classmates and the two queen beds worked out great! We had housekeeping come every Sunday morning-- fresh linens and fresh towels were always a plus. We had no problem with guests who came for days/weeks at a time. As interns, our financial situations were very tight and Hotel Alexander was very understanding and flexible with our pay dates. We even had a pizza social so that we could get to know other people/interns in the hotel! I wish they had laundry in the building, it was a little bit of a pain having to go next door, but Hotel Alexander worked out a deal so that Hotel Alexander guests could use their laundry room! If you need a place to stay for a couple months, this is the place for you.

7  Thank Travellover1990
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed in alexander hotel on june 2012. It is a very bad hotel, bad service, i catchers bed bugs, no air conditioner, no hot water, don' t refund your money. No body response for the problemas in the hotel.

15  Thank Marisa Y
Hotel A, Manager at Hotel Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Many people are under the wrong impression that an entire hotel is infested with bed bugs if one room is suspected of having had a sighting. This is a totally untrue. In most cases, an individual bed bug has being transported into a particular room by the current guest or recent guests via their luggage or on their person. In order to prevent their spread and isolate bed bugs that may be introduced from outside the property, Hotel Alexander has contracted with a professional pest management company that has implemented a proactive bed bug program designed to thoroughly inspect and where necessary treat any and all areas for bed bugs. In addition, suspected sightings are addressed within hours and where necessary, immediately treated.
Bear in mind as well, many “bed bug “suspicions are turning out to be mosquitoes or other insects. While bed bugs have become a major nuisance in hotels throughout the United States, Hotel Alexander is taking every reasonable precaution to protect our guests from them including twice weekly preventive inspection services.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I never usually write reviews for hotels but I feel an obligation to warn other travelers about the bed bug situation I experienced at Hotel Alexander during May-June 2012.

I initially paid for a 2.5 month stay which began in late May 2012. Immediately after moving in, I received a series of red, inflammed bites on my neck, shoulders, arms and face. Having previously lived in NYC for many years, I shrugged off the problem as mosquito bites since I had never had experience with bed bugs before. It wasn't until the second, severe round of bites roughly 2 weeks later which I began suspecting bed bugs. I had bites in threes characteristic of beg bug bites called "breakfast, lunch, dinner". The bites became unbearably itchy, very unsightly and I feared getting into bed each night.

I contacted hotel management regarding the issue and they sent someone to examine the problem same-day. They did indeed find an issue and offered to exterminate my room within the next couple of days; however, I was not interested in taking any chances (as bed bugs are notoriously difficult to exterminate) and opted to move out immediately. Hotel management was reasonable enough to give me a refund for the unused nights but I did not receive any sort of refund for the few weeks I had already stayed. In hindsight, with bed bugs being a serious health hazard, management should have offered to do a bit more.

Overall, management dealt with the situation in a speedy manner but it doesn't change the fact that this hotel is dirty and bed bug infested. I spoke with a staff member from security/front desk who even admit that I was not the first guest to report such a problem and this has occurred with other rooms roughly 10% of the time. From my understanding, they are continuing business as usual with knowldge of the problem which is very worrisome to me -- I hope this information prevents someone else from dealing with the nightmare situation I had here.

16  Thank CT38_2012