“An Amazing Dining Experience”
Review of Kefi

Kefi
Reserve with OpenTable
Kefi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,281 of 13,822 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between West 84th and 85th Streets
Transit: B & C trains to West 86th Street, 1 train to Broadway & 86 Street
Description: Chef Michael Psilakis and partner Donatella Arpaia have moved their rustic Greek gem, Kefi, to a larger space at 505 Columbus Avenue. The new, 200-seat interior evokes the feeling of a palatial Greek hideaway broken up into several smaller dining rooms to keep Kefi’s intimate appeal. The menu of favorites straight from Psilakis’ childhood will remain the same with some new additions. Signature dishes like Baccala, crispy-fried cod with garlic potatoes and tomato, Grilled Octopus with bean salad, and Hilopita, baked pasta with rabbit ragout and béchamel are still on offer. Additions include Grilled Sardines with chopped “Greek Salad” and garlic sauce, Macaronia Spestofai, tubular pasta with Greek sausage, peppers, onions, tomato and feta and an entirely new section of Greek Sandwiches featuring house-made sausages and pork and lamb gyro.
winchester, Kentucky
“An Amazing Dining Experience”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our family was in NY and we were looking for a nice Greek restaurant. Fortunately we accidently stumbled on Kefi in Upper West Manhatten. We had a large party of ten but were seated promptly and given outstanding service. The waiter recommended a few bottles of wine that were perfect with the meal. We had appetizers ( a hummus sampler) that was a hit as well as the entrees that included fish, pork and chicken - all good. Excellent service, wonderful food and I didn't have to donate a kidney to pay for it. All good in my book.

• Visited October 2012

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Georgia
“I return to this Greek restaurant during every trip to NYC”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It's that good. Good food, good service, great space, good value. A famiy member recommended it to me several years ago and I've returned every trip since. The food is very good. A creature of habit I always order the roasted lemon chicken with Greek potatoes. Their white sangria is wonderful! I've dined there solo and with friends and family and have enjoyed the experience every time.

• Visited August 2012
North Ridgeville
“Cozy Restaurant on UWS”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A very welcoming restaurant with a friendly staff awaits you here. The osso buco was the best that I have ever had-from coast to coast! The portions were large and all were delicious.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“The worst restaurant in the upper west side.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Let's start with the service: they get a 0, why, well, let's start with the fact that I made a reservation there because it was my mother in law's birthday and also my wedding anniversary. So a simply happy birthday or a happy anniversary would've been enough. The empty appetizer plates were never clear off the table when our entrees arrived. So we had a table full of plates... Hostess wanted to seat us at a table that was just impossible to get in because there were other sitting way to close to our table ( this tables are so uncomfortable, there's people seating so close to you that you you won't get up so you won't bother the table next to you).

The food: our appetizers came like 4 minutes after we ordered them so is the food fresh at all? Then for my entree I ordered the Branzino I understand it was grilled, but it tasted like if it was burned to me, the manager came and then I ordered the shrimp ( it was ok, I guess).

Atmosphere: are you kidding me? All you could hear was other people talking... Not even music was playing.

Overall: worst restaurant in the upper west side.

Chicago, IL
“Warm and wonderful on the West side”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a great place. When you walk in you think it's small, but there is a large downstairs with more seating. Make reservations. We made ours for 5:45, closest to our desired time. The place did fill up within 30 minutes after our arrival. Food was very tasty, we all enjoyed our plates. Lots of variety, not just your typical lamb, plenty of choices. Lovely setting and attentive service.

• Visited October 2012