“A good old-fashioned diner”
Review of Morning Star Cafe

Morning Star Cafe
Ranked #880 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Easily missed from the outside but well worth a visit if you want quick, economical and tasty food in a down to earth diner. This is the sort of place where locals would go to eat if they couldn't be bothered to cook. The service is very quick and the menu comprehensive.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I visited here as I wanted a quick breakfast before I spent the day sightseeing. This was the best breakfast I have ever tasted. I had bacon, sausages and eggs on French toast. The service was great and the prices were very good value. I would recommend this to everybody and if I ever return to NY I will definitely go back.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had breakfast here on 3 occasions and each was enjoyable. The outside appearance does not justify the good quality food ANC the owner should make an effort to make it more presenting. The atmosphere inside is true New York and one to be experienced.

We had breakfast bagels and they were delicious. This on top of tea and juice came to about $22 and you won't be hungry again until dusk! The service was good but the owner was there 1 morning and he seems like a right grumpy old man!

They open 24/7 and I'd definitely recommend here for breakfast.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Initially visited for a burger but then returned for breakfast too! Looks uninspiring from outside but great diner inside. Terrific service - our waiter had a good sense of humour as well as professionalism. The burger and chips were excellent and the choices included a very tasty turkey burger for those who don't like beef!.............the breakfast pancakes were fab. On a simple note, the lemonade was delicious. Very good value especially for New York and the menu choices were very varied. We would highly recommend this as a place to eat whatever the meal and we would certainly look it up again on a return trip to the Big Apple.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Visited here in February 2013 for breakfast. First impressions from the outside is that it is relatively small and nothing too special. Once inside it was lovely and warm, with an American diner feel to it. It is family-owned and run and the owners are friendly. I tried syrup pancakes which were a real sweet treat and topped it off with hot chocolate, which was topped up as and when I wanted. My friends tried the muffins, the bacon pancake stack and the pastries. All in all great for a hot filling breakfast and not expensive at all.