“The Morning Star Starts Your Morning Off Right”
Review of Morning Star Cafe

Morning Star Cafe
Ranked #835 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Albany, New York
“The Morning Star Starts Your Morning Off Right”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food was a bit dry and needed some seasoning, but what this place lacked in taste, it more than made up for in service and ambiance. The staff, primarily Eastern Europeans from what I could tell, were incredibly accommodating. The diner looked like something out of the 1950's. The food could have been better, but for the price it was okay. I'd go back. I'd recommend it to others, too.

• Visited May 2012

New York City, New York
“Home style Food”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I eat at this diner every week - sometimes 4 or 5 times. The food is very good. The specials include soup or salad, main course, and coffer or tea. The portions are big and the food is fresh. The staff is very courteous and welcome everyone. I frequently see the same customers returning day after day just like I do. The prices are very reasonable. Sometimes I have to take some home because the portions are big. I recommend this diner over other ones I have eaten in New York.

Sydney, Australia
“Good experience”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is just a great little cafe on 2nd Ave that we happened across looking for somewhere to eat breakfast. Our breakfast was so very good that we went back over the next few days. We also ate dinner there on one occasion, and totally enjoyed this as well.

The service, atmosphere and particularly the food were amazing. The owner and staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful. Thoroughly recommend their Lox Benedict and breakfast potatoes.

This place is perfect for families or tourists looking for a good value, quick service, freshly cooked meal.

We look forward to our next visit to NY and this lovely little cafe.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Camillepatrice
ireland
“Breakfast in America - fantasy NY dining experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Legendary NYC Diner, like the one in that Edward Hopper painting - this is exactly the place I wanted to eat my omelette to order in New York. Had pancakes too. they have jugs of coffee that keep getting poured into your cup. It never seems to close, and it was around the corner from the Pod Hotel.

really enjoyed eating here - got me fuelled up for a day's wandering around Manhattan and also sorted me out for food very early before catching a flight.

top marks!

• Visited May 2012
Atlanta
“Classic NYC Diner”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Holy cow ... these guys are fast! I don't know how those cooks do what they do as fast as they do it, but awesome! Small diner, super friendly service and lightning fast. We had a bagel with a schmear of cream cheese, my boyfriend had the lox eggs benedict, which he loved. Great location, felt like a local. Wish I lived in the neighborhood so I could stop by all the time :)

• Visited April 2012