“Staff, cleanliness, price - what a an extreme delight!”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
Ranked #208 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Pine Brook, New Jersey
“Staff, cleanliness, price - what a an extreme delight!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Located in an excellent spot, this hotel is by far one of the nicest places I've stayed at in New York City. The room was spacious and super clean, the bathroom had every amenity anyone could want. The morning of check out my stomach didn't feel so good, management came up to the room, knocked on the door and told us it was check out time. After my boyfriend explained I didn't feel well, the manager came back up in 20 minutes with a ginger ale for my stomach! I couldn't believe the hospitality! This place is amazing and such a pleasant surprise. I'd recommend this hotel to all types of travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear KnightInnAGM,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and hotel rooms convenient. We also agree that both our location and hotel amenities in every room are ideal. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It's always a challenge to find a hotel in Manhattan that is clean and comfortable, but doesn't cost an arm and a leg - so this hotel was a great find.

I needed something in mid-town, and this hotel was only a few blocks from where my business was taking place, so it was very convenient in terms of location. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby is fresh, modern and clean. An even bigger surprise was that the rooms were a decent size, and very comfortably decorated. I had a King room that I could actually walk around comfortably, even with the nice work desk, large flat-screen TV, dresser and closet. The room was clean and quiet (a blessing in NYC - I always prefer rooms facing the back to reduce street noise), and the bathroom was comfortable and modern, as well. The bathroom amenities were Neutrogena brand, which is lovely. Another added bonus was the free WiFi, which worked perfectly.

We didn't eat the breakfast, so I can't comment on it other than there was a large area set up for it. I don't believe it was complimentary, but don't recall the cost. We did have some drinks in the bar area (which shares space with the seating area for breakfast), and it was spacious with interesting decoration.

The staff was helpful and efficient, so no complaints there. The cost was about average. All hotels in Manhattan are overpriced, but this one was slightly less offensive - and the quality of the hotel makes it worth it. Overall, this hotel is a good find and I'll be staying there again on return trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are more quiet with less street noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear BethanieKay,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and hotel rooms convenient and clean. We also agree that both our location and value are ideal.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This team was very accommodating and flexible. My schedule was crazy and out of my control but Barry was able to adjust my reservation and made no complaints. He also took the time to build a healthy working relationship with me - a regular visitor of NYC. I will definitely be staying at HGI in Chelsea again. Great staff, clean and comfortable rooms, great location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear ReenaB B ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and spacious. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future! Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 13, 2013

When I seek hotels on Trip Advisor, I start with the highest rated and look for the first that comes within my price range. Then I check the reviews of the hotel and For the Hilton Garden they seemed very positive.

My train arrived at Penn Station and I walked over. The greeting at the front desk could not have been warmer and more pleasant. Most of us are used to dry greetings and responses from hotel staff. Not the case here. Someone is doing something right at this hotel.

My room was on the 28th floor, with an unobstructed view looking north. The nearest building was far enough away that I never felt the need to close the curtains in my room. Since I was traveling alone, I selected the least expensive room, but it certainly was large enough for one and would have been for two as well.

Everything was clean and neat and worked properly. This is not a luxury hotel with a gigantic lobby but an extremely effective and efficient institution. When I checked out and checked my luggage for the day the same smiles appeared on every employees' face. No doubt in my mind about staying here on my next trip to New York!

Room Tip: Asked for a room on a high floor. The rooms facing south may have a fine view of the Empire State bu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen K
Dear Stephen K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and spacious. Our staff works diligently to bring personal attention to every guest interaction, and we are pleased you received that attention. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future! Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
Waldorf, MD
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great location! Great staff, very friendly and eager to help! Close to all the places you would want to be near...Flower District, shopping on 34th Street, ice skating @ Bryant Park & the Theater District! Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pugmug1,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Our staff does a wonderful job making sure our rooms are very clean and well maintained .Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I really liked the location, close to the subway, quiet street in the flower district. Very friendly door men greeted us coming and going. The rooms were neat and clean. I will definitely stay again when I return to NY.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pugmug1,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Our staff does a wonderful job making sure our rooms are very clean and well maintained.
Tortola
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 7 nights and the overall experience was very positive, the hotel is very nice, staff is awesome and have a great attitude and the location was comfortable, thumbs up+

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear ThompsonM,

Thanks so much for the very nice review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location pleasing. Our staff does a wonderful job assisting guests and offering personal attention. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in New York!