“Great NYC Find in Chelsea Flower Market!”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
Ranked #202 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive of our NYC vacation, having heard the worst of the worst horror stories regarding hotel rooms. We opted for this Hilton Garden Inn for a three-night/four-day stay, and both my hubby and I were pleasantly surprised. Hubs had thought the room was going to be closet-sized, but it was generous in proportions, and only about a third smaller than a standard Hilton Garden Inn. My concerns are always more around cleanliness, and I too was pleasantly surprised. The sheets, bathroom, towels, floors, etc... were all meticulous. The cons: tub did not drain well, so an average shower led to bathtub full of water. We opted to not have cleaning service one day and were left a generous portion of towels and bath goods hanging on the door, which was a nice touch as a lot of places won't do that. However, the day it was serviced, our full trash can was not emptied (only the bath), coffee cups not replenished, and a random pillowcase was left on the dresser. A bit odd.... Upon request, the cups were brought up by staff. We adored the free-flowing, complimentary good Starbucks coffee - note that even if you do not buy the breakfast ($17.95 I think), the coffee is still free!! My husband went out searching for coffee shops for us the first morning until we realized this treat. I'll also add that we requested a quiet room, which ironically enough, placed us on the side of the hotel with the only shared wall to the construction next door, where they are building another hotel. My hunch based on the baby down the hall and family with young kids as well, is that "quiet room" requests are likely assigned a specified floor. I would encourage them to not use the side of the hotel next to the construction. Thankfully the white noise app on our phones helped us sleep, although it was more of the tossing and turning variety once the construction started up around 3 or 4am every night. NYC noise is to be expected. All in all, I give this hotel 4 stars and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the construction.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Fievel1079,

Thanks so much for the very nice review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location pleasing. Our staff does a wonderful job assisting guests and offering personal attention. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in New York!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights, and found it convenient to the subway, near a supermarket, fast food, and on a strip of road known for flower wholesalers, so pretty as well! The rooms were quite sizeable for other NY rooms I have been in. We paid $200 Australian per night, and thought that was good value considering other NY hotels we also stayed in. Front desk personnel were friendly, happy to help and call taxis/vans etc. I never did see a concierge at his desk, but the Reception people seemed to do that as well. The bar at the back of the reception area is small, but nicely set up. The lounge area at the front is also small, but comfy. I would stay here again, and recommend it as a convenient place to stay.

1  Thank Fish096

Dear Googa66,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. We find our location and room amenities to be very convenient for our guests. Our employees do a great job of welcoming and taking good care of our guests as well. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Spent a "reunion" weekend in NYC with three other women--we were college roommates more than 30 years ago. Hilton Garden Inn offered rooms with two queen beds at reasonable rates and the Chelsea location is convenient and fun. As has been my experience with HGIs, the service is excellent and the rooms are very high quality for a mid-priced hotel.

2  Thank SueJG2014

Dear Trip advisor member,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Our staff does a wonderful job exceeding expectations and making sure everything is spotless. We are happy to hear our location was convenient for your many adventures.Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

rooms are clean. location ideal and price is right for nyc. staff was helpful and friendly. room service was great and quick and would stay there again in a heart beat. buffet looked good although never tried it (lots of variety) and starbucks in the lobby too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcia A

Dear Marcia A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and convenient. We also agree that our location is ideal and located on a beautiful street lined with fresh flowers each day. Our staff does a wonderful job exceeding expectations and making sure everything is spotless. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family enjoyed a four night stay at this HGI recently. The friendliness of the staff, and overall level of service, was excellent. The hotel was clean, the breakfast (both quality and service) was outstanding, and we would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff C

Dear Jeff C.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel was quite a find. The room was generous by NYC standards. The staff at the hotel was amazing. I would not hesitate staying here again nor recommending to friends and family. I did have Diamond coupons so I enjoyed the breakfast served although I doubt that I would have bough it had I not had the coupons.

1  Thank Jim B

Dear Jim B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and hotel rooms convenient. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in New York!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel that I typically stay at when in NY was booked and I was able to find a room here. When I arrived the area wasn't quite what I expected (construction nearby and not as close to my client as I thought) but boy , o boy would was I pleasantly surprised. The staff was absolutely incredible. Extra friendly, helpful and I felt so safe and completely welcomed. I travel a lot and stay at a lot of places. The customer service that I received here is so much better than what I've grown to expect. Overall experience was awesome. Housekeeping staff did a great job, even changing the sheets mid week. When I realized that some of the other hotels were not in that practice I began requesting double beds so that I can have clean sheet options-lol. On any note, a fabulous stay and I have officially made this my hotel of choice when I'm in NYC on business.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank danette03
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Danette03,