My family stayed at this hotel for 25 days this past June 2013...more than enough time to see the entire staff and judge their effectiveness at providing a quality stay. As a very frequent traveler, I stay at hotels all over the country. So my review comes from years of hotel experiences.
First off the front desk staff and bellmen: Friendly, efficient, and always courteous. I was surprised how nice they were (considering we're in NYC...not a place known for out going hospitality). But everyone we spoke with was helpful and willing to give that little extra to improve our stay. The manager made a special point of saying hello and was very open to and sought our opinion and review of his hotel.
The waitresses and chefs: Each morning we were greeted with a smile and attentive service. The chefs made a large amount of good tasting food. We never waited for any food to be brought out, there were generous amounts ready to be served. Plus, they'd cook special requests for breakfast as well. The waitresses were sincerely nice. They were attentive but not overly intrusive. Plus, they remembered our breakfast likes, so they anticipated our requests and filled them quickly.
The cleaning staff: Very attentive and professional. We made some special requests that were quickly responded to.
Location: Easy walking distance to most things you'd like to see in NYC. Cabs were relatively easy to get. The #1 Red subway line is at the end of the block, not far from the front door of the hotel.
Overall: Considering how well we were treated, how great the staff took care of us during our extended stay, I cannot praise them enough. The rooms are just big enough to two beds, a desk/closet/drawer unit, and a night stand...not a lot of room, but considering you're only sleeping there and not lounging around, it was fine. Would we stay there again if ever in NYC? Absolutely yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea - a modern Madison Square Garden hotel. Perfectly located in the city's Flower and very chic Chelsea district, the hotel is in the heart of it all. Just south of Times Square and convenient to Penn Station, Grand Central Station and all subway lines, this charming Chelsea hotel is central to the wonders of the city. Less than 0.5 miles to Jacob Javits Center Four blocks to Macy's Seven different subway lines within a short walking distance Three blocks to Madison Square Garden. Connect in Business at this Madison Square Garden Hotel. Corporate travelers enjoy an easy walk to many businesses and area corporations: Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Flat Iron Building, Macy's, Fisher Price, Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Chelsea Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea
- New York City Hilton