I have stayed here once before, and really enjoyed my visit. I returned in January 2013 for business, and stayed one night. Again, this hotel shines in the service department.
You aren't going to be blown away by the street that it is on (surrounded by operating flower shops and Asian food stores), although you are only a few blocks from all the sites you want to visit. The hotel itself doesn't have a grand lobby or fancy world-famous restaurant attached. You aren't going to be able to do backflips or run laps in your room, and you won't have a four-star spa to visit. However...
You ARE going to be blown away by the welcoming staff and great customer service. Every single person working at this hotel has the same friendly demeanor, and offer great, quick results. They work to do everything to make your stay perfect, and if something goes wrong, they are apologetic and quick to correct it. Amazing.
You will also love being able to walk half a block to the Number 1 subway (7th street local). This line connects to just about every other line, so make sure you get your MTA card! You are also not too far from a PATH train line.
You will like the nicely priced rooms (especially for Manhattan standards) and clean surroundings. I sleep very well in this hotel, and have never had issues with construction noise, although admittedly I do wake up extremely early when I travel on business.
You will have plenty to eat! The attached restaurant is GREAT for breakfast, and has a fair price. I like being able to just come down to the lobby to eat before heading out for the day. They have hot and cold options, so there are lots of different ways to get ready to face the day. The bar is also a nice place to have a drink if you're playing it low-key. They also had Hot apple cider in the lobby!
All in all, I will continue to stay here when I visit New York, and suggest it to anyone else traveling to the city. My only reservation in recommending this hotel is that it might become so popular that I can't get a room when I want to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea - a modern Madison Square Garden hotel. Perfectly located in the city's Flower and very chic Chelsea district, the hotel is in the heart of it all. Just south of Times Square and convenient to Penn Station, Grand Central Station and all subway lines, this charming Chelsea hotel is central to the wonders of the city. Less than 0.5 miles to Jacob Javits Center Four blocks to Macy's Seven different subway lines within a short walking distance Three blocks to Madison Square Garden. Connect in Business at this Madison Square Garden Hotel. Corporate travelers enjoy an easy walk to many businesses and area corporations: Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Flat Iron Building, Macy's, Fisher Price, Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Chelsea Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea
- New York City Hilton