What a great hotel. We stayed here from April 3rd to April 7th. The rooms were very big with plenty of space to unpack luggage...a small size closet and a dresser. The in-room microwave and fridge really helped as well. The hotel was sold out so we were stuck in a handicap accessible room. The room itself is much bigger than the other rooms (friends stood in a regular room) but the bathroom does not come with a tub. It is a standing shower and water splashes everywhere. Make sure that you request a room that isn't handicap accessible (if you don't need it).
The hotel staff was so friendly. The lobby was beautiful. We did not use room service but it is available. There is a gym on the first floor as well as a business center. The bed was very comfortable and the room came with an HD flat screen tv. It is also CLEAN. That was my biggest concern and I was so pleased with how clean the entire hotel is.
The hotel is also very close to everything. If you make a right out of the hotel, the next street is 7th Avenue. Make a right on 7th and within 3 blocks, you are in front of Madison Square Garden. Walk a few more blocks and you are in Time Square. I suggest the pizza parlor that is on the corner of 7th and 28th and also the one on 8th and 28th. The prices of things like water and snacks at the hotel is very expensive but there is a McDonald's on the corner of 6th and 28th that delivers as well as a pharmacy on 7th and 28th.
This really is a great hotel and I will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea - a modern Madison Square Garden hotel. Perfectly located in the city's Flower and very chic Chelsea district, the hotel is in the heart of it all. Just south of Times Square and convenient to Penn Station, Grand Central Station and all subway lines, this charming Chelsea hotel is central to the wonders of the city. Less than 0.5 miles to Jacob Javits Center Four blocks to Macy's Seven different subway lines within a short walking distance Three blocks to Madison Square Garden. Connect in Business at this Madison Square Garden Hotel. Corporate travelers enjoy an easy walk to many businesses and area corporations: Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Flat Iron Building, Macy's, Fisher Price, Cisco Systems. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea Hotel New York City
- Chelsea Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea
- New York City Hilton