“great choice”

Ranked #213 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Isabela, null, United States
“great choice”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Clean and great space on bedroom. Their beds was very comfortable. Good for family. Close to Madison Square Garden and walk distance to times square,radio city,bryant park and rockerfeller center. Great choice for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea and found our close proximity to numerous attractions convenient during your time in New York. We agree that our value is ideal in NYC and that our beds are very comfortable. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The rooms were quite large by NY standards and were clean. The location is alright but there's not much in the area-however, subways are close by.

But the situation with the elevators in this hotel is horrible-you can wait forever to get one. Don't realise when you get to the foyer that you left something in the room-the day will be over by the time you get it. The problem is worst in the morning when housekeeping are moving between floors. I witnessed on many occasions that the house-keeping staff press both the 'up' and 'down' buttons for the elevator to get them to stop, but because the elevator is already full of guests they cant fit in and the elevator continues to the next floor.
I realise that housekeeping don't have a separate service lift but at the busiest time of the day when the 2 lifts are most used, house-keeping should not be using them. Perhaps putting a fully stocked house-keeping cart on each floor early in the morning before the lifts are busy, and then getting the house-keeping staff to move between floors by the stairs would assist with the problem.

I am a Diamond Member and I do expect some acknowledgement and not to have to beg for bottled water each day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input as a frequent traveler and a Diamond member. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with our elevators and we will keep your suggestion for our housekeeping practice in mind as we work towards a resolution to this issue. We hope to have another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality and accommodations you deserve, should you return to our area in the future.

Regards,

silvio.zinnanti@hilton.com
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My mom, nieces and I had a lovely stay at Christmas time. The staff took care of our bags when we arrived to the hotel at 10 am, and check in was speedy when a room was available. The room was very large for a NYC hotel room, and was comfortable for the four of us. The staff was very attentive, gave directions and advice, and made us feel like they were ready and able to help with anything we needed. There was some construction going on at the hotel, but the staff was apologetic for what was a very minor inconvenience. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel spcious and comfortable. Our staff does a wonderful job assisting guests and offering personal attention. We hope to have the lobby completely updated shortly. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
Long Island
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here on the night before Thanksgiving since we had tickets for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and for once it was a personal stay. I was very happy to share this hotel with my sister and niece. I spoke about how great this hotel was, how the service was excellent, etc. well this trip I was extremely disappointed. I have stayed here many times and even wrote a wonderful review but the past 3 times I have stayed here have been a disappointment, which is why I'm writing this review. I probably got the smallest room in the hotel. Note: do not stay in the rooms that are in a catty corner, you can't even open the bathroom door without having to go in sideways. I am a Diamond member and I understand that it was a busy night but I should have at least gotten a room iwth a city view instead of airconditioning vents, I didn't even get a complimentry water or was acknowledged as a Diamond member. It would have been nice to have that oooh la la factor since it was a pleasure trip with family.
The room was extremely hot and as many times as I tried to adjust it the temperature stayed a constant 76 degrees. Hormonally things are stiring and I was up the entire night sweating. The windows are supposed to open a crack and no matter how much I tried they wouldn't.
It was just a quick overnight trip and we checked out by 6:30 am so I can handle anything for about 18 hours but again, I was just very disappointed in the service and the room at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear MrsHeartRN,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. I'm very sorry if your trip did not turn out as planned. We pride ourselves in recognizing all of or guests especially our Hilton Honors members. Our rooms are pretty large compared to other New York city hotels and all the bathroom entrances have plenty of access so none of our guests need to squeeze to go inside. The thermostats in our rooms are checked constantly by our engineers to ensure all of our guests are comfortable. I wish you could have brought this up to the attention of our front office team, we would of loved to make it right for you. I would love to find out more about your experience with us, please contact me directly at 212-564-2181 or at silvio.zinnanti@hilton.com if you want to discuss it further. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back so that we can show you the Hilton hospitality that you have been accustomed and love.
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here one night for a brief visit to NYC after visiting relatives in NJ. We arrived around 1:00 and were advised a room wasn't available, but the front desk took our bags and called us when the room was ready. I appreciated that. I was surprised at the size of the room - it seemed pretty big to me, for NYC. It was very clean and had everything - fridge, microwave, decent TV channels, good shower, and a big comfy bed. I commend the housekeeping staff, our room was spotless. In the lobby there were cookies and warm apple cider, plus they had happy hour. How can you not like that? The location of this hotel is great, you can catch the subway to go anywhere and it was an easy walk from Penn Station. We didn't hear much street noise. Minor issue: we had some trouble figuring out the A/C/heat. We will definitely be back when we visit New York City again! p.s. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on breakfast at the hotel, go to Johny's nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank needmorevacationdayz
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and spacious. We agree that our rooms are nicely sized in NYC. I hope someone was able to assist you with the ac/heat issue. I apologize you encountered an isse. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the future!
Albany, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was about what you'd expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. I booked through Travelocity and got a much better rate than the Hilton website. Stayed in a king room on 17th floor. Room was clean and included decent size bathroom, new TV, mini fridge and microwave. Drink prices in the bar were a little high ($13 for a shot of scotch, $9 for glass of house wine, $7 for a Coors Light). Good location, close to subway lines (7th Ave and Broadway lines), close to Chelsea, Madison Square Park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RiverEddy,

Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review. I'm glad to hear you had a good time while visiting us. We do agree that our location is close to all and our staff go out of their way to ensure all of our guests are satisfied.

We thank you so much for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,

New York
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The price is too high comparing to the quality of the room! People at front desk are so rude! Everything in this hotel is poor quality!!
Terrible terrible terrible terrible
I will never come back!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank MYRIAM D
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Myriam D,

Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing experience with us. We don't like to hear of any guest not being satisfied with their stay and we appreciate your input on the value and quality of our accommodations and amenities. We welcome you to contact us directly if you have any additional comments or suggestions or if you would like to discuss your stay further. We hope to have another chance to show you the level of hospitality you deserve should you visit the area again in the future.

Assistant General Manager