“Great stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
Ranked #214 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Great stay!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was clean and nice. The staff was really helpful. And the location was great. The walk to Times Square was not bad at all and very close to the Empire State Building. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient and hotel rooms clean. Our employees do a great job of welcoming and taking good care of our guests as well. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I'm as excited about this hotel as I can be after just a one night stay there. The location is prime, the price - reasonable (compared to some other hotels in NYC I've seen), the staff - helpful and efficient, everything is very modern, clean, well designed and well maintained. Spacious room, good toiletries, lots of electricity plugs around the room, very quiet, vending machines on the floors, plenty of towels, bath - I can't find any flaws at all!

I've had breakfast in the office, so not sure about the quality of the breakfast. Other than that - A+!

Room Tip: I'd probably choose a high floor, to make sure it's quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for the excellent feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Our staff does a wonderful job making sure our rooms are very clean and well maintained. Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My LI home is still without power (for 12 days now), so my family and I've been staying at Manhattan hotels this week. 6 nights in the cold was brutal! I am a Hilton Honor's member so I tried Double Tree, Hampton Inn, and Hilton Garden Inn this week. So far, I really like Hilton Garden Inn in Chelsea so far. I stayed in Double Tree right next street, but that place was tiny and more expensive. This Chelsea HGI, loved the fact that it's free wifi (although it's too slow), free coffee in the morning and yummy hot apple cider at night. My heart immediately warmed from Hurricane Sandy power outage stress.
Most staff were very friendly, but one house keeper in my floor was not that nice. I asked for a few more shampoos & conditioners since our family has long hairs and wanted to take multiple hot showers before we head out to cold- blackout home, but the house keeper was literally yelling at me in Spanish, "I put one in the bathroom! You need more?!!!!" Don't think she needed to yell. Just simply say, don't have spare to give. Then the same house keeper came to our door on the day we are checking out at 9:30am bang the door even though we had "do not disturb" sign on the door. We yelled, " we are checking out at 12!," but kept on banging the door loud and I lost all the morning sleep. Other than that, I give GHI a great review!!! I really recommend! Note: The room is a bit cold and hard to control the temperature of the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie C
London
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was my first stay, I normally stay across the road but the rates were too high. I had a nice, clean room, large TV, and comfortable bed (evidently you can modify the hardness of the mattress but I couldn't tell the difference!) and my rate came with a great cooked breakfast, and the staff service in the breakfast area was the highlight of my stay.

Room Tip: High floor, you get a view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and comfortable. Our staff does a wonderful job assisting guests and offering personal attention. We agree that our full service Great American Grill restaurant makes a great breakfast indeed. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
Deventer (NL)
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The location is great! The street in which the hotel is located is rather quiet - apart from the fact that there are several flower shops that are served very early in the morning (ask for a room on the back side!) - and the hotel is in a great midtown location. You can walk up to Times Square in half an hour (great walk by the way) or down to the NYU area. The hotel is also close to several subway stations with different lines. Also some restaurants and shops nearby.
Good size room for New York. No complaints!
We booked well in advance and got a great deal!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are noisy in the early (4-5 am) morning with honking traffic. So book early...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the very nice review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location pleasing. We agree that our rooms are nicely sized in NYC. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at this property on a business trip for five nights, and was pleasantly surprised. The location is great - while the street that the hotel is quiet, the hotel is in a great midtown location. You can walk (25 minutes) up to Times Square or (25 minutes) down to the NYU area. The hotel is also close to several subway stations, making the whole city easily accessible.

The rooms are incredibly small (not much room to move around), but if you're in NYC to sightsee and visit, the room size shouldn't be too much of an issue. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the size of the hotel (rather small, with only a few rooms on each floor) made for quiet evenings and restful sleep.

The amenities of the hotel are so-so, and nothing worth noting. The staff at the front desk vary - some are extremely helpful, and others seem like they wish they were anywhere else - carrying on personal conversations, not providing many details or information about the hotel and surrounding area. My only complaint about the hotel would be the poor attitudes of some of the staff, but other than that, a solid place to stay while visiting NYC.

Room Tip: A high floor, not facing the street - super quiet!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear our location was convenient for you. It is nice that we are so close to major attractions, but yet our guests are able to escape large crowds and a lot of noise. I apologize that every interaction you had with our staff was not pleasant. That is certainly not standard to find in our hotel. We strive to ensure every team member knows how much we value our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I usually give good reviews, but I had a hard time finding anything good about this hotel! We had stayed in a different Hilton Garden Inn (8th and 48th) in NYC prior to our cruise, so I was expecting a good experience at this one. The bed was so bad that we couldn't even take a quick nap! They have the "sleep number" type beds, and ours was not working properly so it was uneven, lumpy, terrible! We were finally moved to another room, but the manager was way too defensive and argumentative! The second room was okay, but we paid way too much for an "okay" room -- terrible view out our window, crowded area of town, no good restaurant or bar. I can't believe we paid the bill! The only good thing I can say is that the hotel staff (except for the manager) were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a room here. Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saundy S
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Saundy S,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us in Chelsea. We are glad to hear you found our staff friendly and welcoming and will relay your kind words to them. We are very sorry you were uncomfortable on our sleep number beds and that we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved. If your travels take you back to New York City, we hope you will consider giving us a second chance in order for us to show you the Hilton Hospitality that you know and love.

Silvio Zinnanti