Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
Ranked #216 of 467 Hotels in New York City
puerto rico
“like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

New york is known for the grumpiness of its people, with so many tourists wandering around no wonder, I wuld be in a badd mood too. But I've found a small, well situated hotel, where they remember me, they help in every way they can, and it is very clean too. as I'm hilton honnors breakfast is included. The hotel is not far away from empire state and macys and conveniently located between 6 and 7th avenues where various subway stations are loacted. what more to ask in new york freindly staff, clean, convenient location and great price! when I come to NY I always come to this hotel. This is not a huge fancy hotel but I still love it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank momplansvacations
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea and for being a Hilton Honors member! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient and hotel rooms clean. The entire staff works very hard to exceed the expectations of every guest. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice! We are looking forward to see you during your next visit to New York!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had the pleasure of staying here this past weekend, and not being a big fan of NYC truth be told, I was not expecting much. I knew from the moment I walked through the doors that I was going to have to eat those words. Checking in was delayed (it was 3pm what do you expect) but the person working behind the desk (Natasha) kept calm and cool. She was a pro, personality plus would be my description. The room was clean and suprisingly quiet. That I did not expect. I had breakfast each morning. I had an omelet Saturday that was awesome, Sunday morning I was still feeling the effects from the wedding the night before so cereal and a bagel was all I could muster. I wish I could remember the 2 ladies working, they were great also. There really is no negatives to this hotel. Anyone traveling by train, this is the place to go, 3 blocks from Penn Station.

To sum up, I had a wonderful experience and would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

Room Tip: Great hotel if traveling by train
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael L
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and quiet. Our staff does a great job of welcoming and offering personal attention to each guest. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Natasha and the ladies in the restaurant. We agree with you that our breakfast is delicious thanks to our great chefs. Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a wonderful choice for NYC when full-on luxury is out of the budget. Staff is friendly, rooms are spacious for New York, the flower wholesalers are right outside filling the street with plants and color. Walking distance to Empire State and Chelsea Highline. The beds have a comfort control. We were not bothered by street noise and it was fun to look out each morning and see the bustle. I would request a street view again. Room 504 was very nice, indeed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel spacious, our beds comfortable and our staff friendly. We agree that our location is ideal and located on a beautiful street lined with fresh flowers each day. Thank you again for your kind words, and we are looking forward to see you during your next visit to New York!
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a small hotel in the Flower District. There are only a few (eight I think) rooms per floor. But the amenities are very nice. It is new inside and clean. The staff was super! Being right in the Flower District the delievery trucks arrive early. Even on the 9th floor we could hear the noise on the street. But the view on the sidewalk in the morning was worth it. Ton’s of flowers everywhere!

This hotel is about 1.5 blocks from the subway entrance. Also there are several good places to eat breakfast within a 2 block walk. I highly recommend Joe’s café.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Walking through the flower and tree lined streets is a beautiful scene. Our staff does a wonderful job making sure our rooms are very clean and well maintained. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the future!
Merrimack Valley MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Of course NYC hotels are great for a dose of sticker shock, but I thought this was a good value for location, service and accommodations. The room exceeded my expectations for size and was nice and clean. It was also very quiet - stayed on the 14 th floor.
I didn't have time fro breakfast but my colleague did and said it was good. I think that's one thing that is always consistent about the HGI's. They are always my first choice of hotel on business travel. The front desk gave us a list of local restaurants and we tried Tre Dici. It was just what the doctor ordered after a long workday.
Parking - make sure you get your parking ticket validated by the front desk! The parking garage is a block away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the nice review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are happy to hear our location was convenient for you. We agree that our rooms are nicely sized in NYC and clean. Our entire staff makes every effort to accommodate our guests. Thank you again for your kind words, and we are looking forward to see you during your next visit to New York!
Holywood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is in a great location only 5 minutes walk from Penn station and 15 mins from Times Square.
The room was large by New York standards and tastefully decorated with a king bed, fridge and microwave. The best thing for us was how quiet our room was, we had a front facing room on the 19th floor.
We also loved being on a quiet street, as New York is frenetic!
We did not eat at the hotel, so can't comment on the restaurant.

I would definitely stay here again and would like to thank the hotel staff , who were friendly and helpful at all times.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Woolif
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! Our staff works diligently to bring personal attention to every guest interaction, and we are pleased you received that attention. We are happy to hear our location was convenient for you. It is nice that we are so close to major attractions, but yet our guests are able to escape large crowds and a lot of noise. Thank you again for your kind words, and we are looking forward to see you during your next visit to New York!
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have very few issues with this place . I got a fantastic corporate rate on short notice so I was not being very picky. We got there early and could not get our room, but they took our bags and the lobby is decent. Very nice clean bathroom in the Basement if needed. they don't do Mini bar, but have foood for sale in the lobby including wine. Room was well set up with hundreds of cable channels and cozy king bed. Temperture control is hard to get right 73 is too hot and 72 is freezing. Staff was very good, and overally it did it's job.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family