“Absolutely fantastic”

$81.25*
and up
STOMP Off-Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: Matchboxes, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters and more fill the stage with energizing beats at STOMP, the inventive and invigorating stage show that's dance, music and theatrical performance blended together in one electrifying rhythm.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband,my two daughters(11&8) and I went to see this show in New York. Without a doubt it was one of the highlights of our trip.
Stomp managed to be imaginative, entertaining,funny,awe inspiring(and believe me I hate it when that term is overused) and total brilliant. We were lucky enough to get seat right at the front and we thoroughly enjoyed every second. Yes some people may say it gets a little loud,but they are drumming and stomping so what do you expect!
This show is a fraction of the cost of most of other shows, but I would easily put it on par with any of the other Broadway shows. We also went to see Wicked, which was brilliant too but at five times the cost!
Whatever you do go to see this show, I cannot recommend it enough. Totally brilliant!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

OMG!! This was amazing. It is a smaller more intimate theatre (Orpheum) It has 2 sides of each 6 seats. We sat in row G. The view from our seats were perfect. O would not have wanted to be in the first couple of rows as I think that would have been too close.
These young people are talented. They can make rhythm with anything. It was highly entertaining as each one of the perfomers had a character. Although there was no speaking, it was super funny at times. I have seen several Vegas shows and this one (although different that the Cirque shows), was waaaay better entertainment. After the show we got to talk with some of the performers, get autographs and photos. Awesome experience!! We stayed in Time Square and we took the subway to the show.

1  Thank SherryB_F
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My family of 4 (wife and I are 43, kids are 14 & 15) chose Stomp b/c both of our kids are in high school marching band, and my son is a percussionist. We read the reviews and knew this was for us. We were very glad we went. The show was about an hour and 45 minutes, but it seemed it only lasted about 30 minutes. When the finale arrived and fininshed, I looked at my phone to see the time and thought "man, that's too quick!" The kids and even the wife greatly enjoyed the show. The humor and facial expressions are great as well. We think this is a show that is for any ages, and we highly recommend it. Thanks for a highly entertaining and funny show.

As for tickets - we got ours for about 40% off on broadwaybox.com. We sat in the 4th & 5th rows up front in orchestra and on the far right side of the stage. However, I wouldn't think there are bad seats anywhere.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Went with my 8 and 10 year old girls to the 8pm show after visiting the Statute of Liberty earlier in the day in 90 degree heat. So of course it was going to take a great show to keep them interested and this show achieved that. The kids had a great time and enjoyed it (especially the funny parts) but we all thought it was a little long and a little too repetitive. I think that we would have enjoyed this show a little more if they cut out some of the filler / less exciting or funny acts.

As for how funny this show is, I wouldn't say "hilarious" as others said when I read reviews prior to going, but we did all chuckle here and there. I'd say that if you plan to attend, you will see a lot of stomping and clapping with a bit of humor sprinkled in. I'd have liked it a bit more if the folks with acrobatic skills or great dance skills were given more opportunity to use those skills.

I would compare it to Blue Man Group as some have done, but we did think that Blue Man Group was better if you are considering which to see with kids of this age.

When purchasing seats, I wouldn't worry too much about where you are sitting. We sat just about half way back and the theater is really so small that anywhere would have been a good seat. I liked mid-way back. There was very little audience participation in the show so it is not worth it to pay for seats in the front rows to try to get to participate.

I'll also note that you should use the bathroom before you arrive, their bathrooms left a lot to be desired and I was really glad my kids didn't have to use them. Surprisingly tiny (two stalls) and poorly maintained. :(

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Overall we made a great choice seeing his show with our 2 teenage boys (13/15). This was their first time seeing a show of any kind and it was a great introduction. Loud, Creative, Funny, Energetic. It's incredible to see how they are able to make music in so many unusual ways. I loved that they added some comedy into the show to break up all the noise.

The theatre is smaller and has a vintage feel to it, which we really like. Beware if you are sitting in the first 1-3 rows. You may get wet........

We bought tickets on Goldstar for around $45 per person for the 4th row, which we thought was a pretty good deal.