“Clever and entertaining”

$81.87*
and up
STOMP Off-Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: Matchboxes, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters and more fill the stage with energizing beats at STOMP, the inventive and invigorating stage show that's dance, music and theatrical performance blended together in one electrifying rhythm.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Always good to see a show that turns a clever idea into something entertaining. This show is not about the technicalities involved in tap dancing but nevertheless provides the audience a novel way of being entertained. The show can be loud, so if after a while your ears hurt, be advised to take some earplugs. Overall, very worthwhile for all ages to enjoy.

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"times square"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Please, don't be put off by the title of my review. There is no doubt that STOMP is so incredibly entertaining, so clever and steeped with performers who are so undoubtedly talented. The biggest - that is, the only - problem is that STOMP is soooooo long! Now it's true our tickets were freebies. As a result, upon being seated my emotional investment in the show was not at 100% (fair weather theatergoer, I confess). However, once the performers come sweeping onto the stage the audience is engaged and delighting in the percussive beats. It's great! The first 45 minutes are GREAT! But minute 46 and well, you don't have to beat this dead horse. By then, it's simply overkill. My focus shifted from the show to my own plans of escape - - Fake a heart attack? Generate a parole letter mandating my prompt return to the cell block? Have my kid fake a seizure? Really, if I hadn't been given seats in the first 5 rows any one of these schemes would have been executed. By 1 hour, the tourists were boppin' and whoopin' and stompin' along while I tried to induce an aneurysm. You can imagine my fury during the encore. Maybe I'm impatient. No. I AM impatient but really my money's worth was awarded so soon into the show that all that extra was wasted on me. The kids got restless too - but maybe it's in their blood.

2  Thank savinis
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Considered Broadway, but ended up selecting Stomp due to location and availability of good tickets at a reasonable price. We had 5 adults and 3 kids (young teens). Everyone enjoyed the show!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

(Don't be caught with your teenage boys tagging along with Mama and Grandma to see Mammma Mia. Take your boys to see STOMP! they'll be talking about it or years to come!)
The other reviews are very accurate!! A must see show!
STOMP was so exciting and every act was new and held a surprise. We laughed and enjoyed the audience participation. There were so many items used to produce music and the actors had a good idea of how to keep everyone's attention. We got a lot of fun out of watching a family with boys ahead of us in the audience. The tickets were also reasonable for a family on a budget who still want to see some New York shows. (Don't be frustrated by the graffiti in the area of the theater. It just adds to the exciting elements of the show!)