Tripadvisor
New York City
2,348 results
All reviews times square great location bryant park new york ball drop fridge and microwave city view rooms are small front desk staff hotel lobby the theater district corner room would definitely stay here again broadway show subway station street noise upon check
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I always stay here if I can on business Clean, convenient, comfortable, and conscientious staff. Very helpful staff. Great location, close to subway and easy in, easy out. Rooms are high above the noise of TSQ, and I recommend getting a room facing downtown to have even less noice.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
TennileBoyd, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York - Times Square Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback, bhadd0ck.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us overall and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The ball drop was probably the reason for this rating, otherwise I would probably give it an average rating.

Check in was quick (because of the odd hour we arrived) but might have been too quick that the front desk staff forgot to give us a pass for NYE. Thankfully we knew about it and checked back with them the next day and they passed us each a pass, otherwise this review would have been a lot worse - if we could not have return to the hotel due to the police road blocks. We did get the pass so all is good.

Choosing this hotel was fantastic. Although it was not in the middle of all the hype and action, it was on 42nd street which had a perfect view of the Times Square Ball. The hotel pass also allowed us to enter the police road blocks without issue and that felt good, considering how everyone else who wanted to catch the Ball Drop were all running and trying to squeeze for a good spot.

This hotel was one of the first that offered store credits if I decide to skip their breakfast - for Hilton gold/diamond members. The breakfast was made to order and tasted good. Although I would recommend take outs because the staff would put Tip Checks on the table if you dine in. Of course there is no obligation but it was quite shocking (even in US) for putting tip checks for COMPLIMENTARY breakfast. We did leave a tip, although feeling 'arm-twisted' for lacklustre service and also because I was not sure why 15% or 20% of complimentary ($0) was not $0. I do believe I would not have encountered that if I had my breakfast as a take out but I'm honestly not sure because I have not done that. It immediately changed by feelings of being very impressed with the hotel breakfast to something quite distasteful.

Pros:
- A good hotel to stay on NYE (for convenience, ball drop, etc) - the good rating was mainly because of this.
- Credit for skipping breakfast.

Cons:
- The rooms of this hotel was one of the smallest of my trip in US/Canada
- The service was quite lacking (front desk, breakfast table servers)

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Hwieeee

Thank you for your positive feedback!

We're thrilled that you enjoyed your New Year's celebrations with us on Famous 42nd Street! Our team takes pride in offering our guests the best location to explore the city's sights from, and your feedback assures us we are succeeding! We can't wait to host you again soon for another, even more positive stay!

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The room in the hotel was very good with a lot of space. Bathroom too
The room was clean and as it suppose to be.
Breakfast was really awful. Very small range of food, very bad taste. The muffins and croissants were 2 days old at least.
The people working in the breakfast area really not helpful and with an attitude.
It is a shame for a Hilton hotel to have this kind of service and even worse this kind of breakfast buffet.
Stay there but do not pay for the breakfast.

Trip type: Traveled on business

We appreciate the time you took to give us feedback.

Our staff takes a lot of pride in the one of kind service we provide. It's very disappointing to see your experience with us was not the standard we're accustomed to sharing. We always strive to exceed all of the needs of our guests. We'll be sure to address your concerns internally and we would love to show you how hard we work to give our guests the best service in the future.

We hope to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very pleasantly surprised at the friendly vibe from the staff, and the care they showed to check in with me a few times during my two day stay. Not a fancy hotel, but clean and comfortable and room service was great. I’ll make this my go-to hotel, as I am at the building across the street several times a year.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the wonderful review, Jill!

We're thrilled to know that our staff took great care of you. We appreciate your compliments regarding our hardworking team. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our guests and we strive to go above and beyond expectations. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we have been here before,this hotel is in a great location for times square,we had a nice clean room with tv coffee maker and a fridge,the staff was very friendly and helpful we would stay here again when we go back to new york.

Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you so much for the perfect rating, ianharris.

We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. It's wonderful you appreciated our great location as well as our clean accommodations. We're also pleased that our team took such great care of you. We will be sure to pass on your compliments.

We can't wait to host you again soon for another memorable experience.