“Really enjoyable two visits”

burger joint at Le Parker Meridien Hotel
Ranked #314 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: Subway: N,R,W,Q and F
Description: Great burgers in a fun place.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Let me start by saying the burgers were really fab, plus we enjoyed the tucked away, slightly bohemian appeal of the Burger Joint. We didn't mind queuing to order and although the Joint is tiny we managed to find a table both times. A great NY experience that seems at odds with the stylish, french hotel in which it is located. Try it and I bet you enjoy it.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,395)

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed in the Parker Meridien for four nights & there was a constant queue for this restaurant. We chose a good time one evening when the queue was relatively short & managed to get a table. The food was served quickly & was very tasty. Has a good ambience & staff are very efficient. Highly recommend this place, good value for money too.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Good well priced burger but a 25 - minute wait with que wrapping around reception

Most of the problem is it's location buried down the hall - not allot can be done about that.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

A friend of us recommended this place as "the best burgers in NYC".... seriously ??? so we arrive in this posh hotel (Parker Meridien) without seeing any sign for the Burger Joint so we ask the front desk and they show us a curtain ...the restaurant (shall I say the room,small and decorated with movies posters and graffitis) is behind, at the end of a dark corridor. You have the choice between 2 burgers ( cheese or not), how you want your meat cooked and if you want lettuce tomatoes ketchup etc...anyway you queue,order (staff neither nice or helpful),wait and try to find a table
( good luck if you are there during lunch hours) then you can finally taste a burger that is nothing more than ....a burger !!! ok the bread is nice and so is the meat but other than that it tastes like a homemade burger ....nothing to get all excited about and really not worth the fuss and the queueing.

1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I agree with the reviewers who wonder why people queue for half an hour.
I think people are just too embarrassed to admit they queued for that long and the burgers were just okay.
I come from a country where queuing for food is only acceptable on Valentine's Day, and only if you're under 27 and don't know better!
We stayed at the Le Meridien and found it funny seeing the long lines - last year, when my husband and I went to Norma's for brunch and saw the line, we thought it was for some event but forgot to ask. This year we did and were amazed it was a food line - BURGER line, to be exact.
Well, we decided to call in our order - a tip from the very helpful bell man who took up our bags - and 15 minutes later, went down to pick up our order.
The lady manning the line wanted me to leave my young kids out in the lobby - because there were too many people on the line, according to her. And became testy when I refused. Who leaves their 6 and 5 year olds in a lobby?
Anyway, 10 minutes later, we had our burgers. Cheese and beef burgers with fries.
To say I was disappointed is putting it mildly. And my 5 year old son refused to eat more than a couple of bites, despite his previous claim to extreme hunger. My 6 year old daughter ate a few bites, had a few chips and after a conference with her brother declared "the burgers and fries are not even yummy and we want you to go get the burgers we had yesterday". Which burgers? Trusty McDonald's!
Their service was great though - they said 15 minutes and it was ready in 15 minutes.
My opinion? The food is not worth the wait - bland burgers, weird tasting fries, which were a bit too orange-y. However, if you have the time and the money, you can line up for 25 minutes or more just for the Bucket list factor.