“Delicious Food”

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Columbus and CPW
Transit: B,C train at 72nd Street
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Telepan has delicious food! We have been there both during restaurant week and for dinner other nights. The food is consistently great! Some restaurants have a great main course and completely forget about dessert.Telepan has delicious dessert! Meyer Lemon Meringue pie and chocolate bread pudding were amazing! The beet salad was delicious, chicken, fish, steak , any choice you make is perfection! Their decaf coffee is also good,I think that is unusual even in a great restaurant.
The waiter was ok, not to friendly, nothing to say that is bad, just could be friendlier.The bus boy was really nice!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Another visit after quite a few enjoyable ones! This time an outstanding restaurant week menu, wonderfully executed, delicious but not pretentious at all. The only downsides were the temperature (not hot enough) and a very professional but a bit uptight waiter (there are actually more than one who are a bit uptight). Anyway, one of the best restaurants in NYC!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went Christmas eve and had the prix fixe menu. Gougeres were the amuse bouche- warn and delicious. Everything we had was well prepared with interesting combinations of flavors. The service was outstanding from the time we walked in until we left. Relaxed, informative and friendly.
We loved everything! It was a wonderful relaxed scrumptious way to start the season!

1  Thank NYfolkgirl
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel on the UWS, as a close by and upscale place. I tried to make res a month before online but the site said no tables were available. I called the next morning and spoke to a girl who said she would call me back and open up the res. after the manager got there in an hour. And she actually DID call me, so I got first choice for Christmas Eve sitting! The food was superb! We both got the tasting menu but not the wine pairings as I don't drink that much. There was an amuse bouche as well. The choices were very creative with nice portions. There seemed to be a lot of staff there, so we had very attentive but not intrusive service. My (adult) son thought it was the best dinner he had eaten all year. I would definitely go back! Pricey, yes, but great for a special occasion.

1  Thank maggiemag57
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We got a reservation on short notice, although, it didn't seem necessary because there weren't many people there while we were there and the staff was clearly bored, we ended up staring at the majority of the staff most the time. They stood at a buffet across from our table, awkward. The food was good, but didn't blow me away the way I had expected given the reviews I had read. There were other meals we had for a lower price point on our trip. Probably wouldn't go back.