“great for Christmas Eve dinner”
Review of Telepan - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Columbus and CPW
Transit: B,C train at 72nd Street
Ohio
“great for Christmas Eve dinner”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel on the UWS, as a close by and upscale place. I tried to make res a month before online but the site said no tables were available. I called the next morning and spoke to a girl who said she would call me back and open up the res. after the manager got there in an hour. And she actually DID call me, so I got first choice for Christmas Eve sitting! The food was superb! We both got the tasting menu but not the wine pairings as I don't drink that much. There was an amuse bouche as well. The choices were very creative with nice portions. There seemed to be a lot of staff there, so we had very attentive but not intrusive service. My (adult) son thought it was the best dinner he had eaten all year. I would definitely go back! Pricey, yes, but great for a special occasion.

1 Thank maggiemag57

• Korean first
Dayton, Ohio
“Helpful service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We got a reservation on short notice, although, it didn't seem necessary because there weren't many people there while we were there and the staff was clearly bored, we ended up staring at the majority of the staff most the time. They stood at a buffet across from our table, awkward. The food was good, but didn't blow me away the way I had expected given the reviews I had read. There were other meals we had for a lower price point on our trip. Probably wouldn't go back.

Visited September 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great meal!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Ate here on Friday night to celebrate Christmas a bit early. They had some special items for Christmas - goose and sticky toffee pudding. While I go here periodically, the food was particularly good. The service excellent. I always get the tasting menu with the wine pairings - the pours of the wine were more than adequate - at times they seem to skimp - not on Friday. A great meal, highly recommend for special occasions and recommend the tasting menu which you are allowed to select from many choices.

1 Thank 0859JC
Wayne, New Jersey
“High end Cheers”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great restaurant tucked away on the Upper West side. The bar area is like sitting at Cheers. You will meet and talk to everybody sitting at the bar, they are pretty much all regulars. Could be the 70 year old lady dressed to the 9's or 30 year old local singles looking to have a good meal. Nothing fancy inside, just a pleasing simple dinning room. Food is very good but a bit pricey. The one time that I wasn't satisfied with my entree, they fixed it with zero attitude. The bar staff are top notch: killer cocktails and they know every detail of the wine list and the menu. One of a handful of restaurants where I can trust my eating choices by staff recommendations.

1 Thank NYSEski
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Oh-so-good brunch”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

You walk into the u-shaped bar area and welcoming wait staff. Unfussy, light and airy decor. Unusual food and $39 prix fixe for two course brunch. 'Fallen' soufleed pancakes with huckleberry sauce, smoked salmon and scambled eggs, lovely breads. Plenty of novelties, along with traditional brunch dishes. We loved it and stayed until they closed at 3.

• Visited November 2012