“Best way to jam pack a lot of NY in one day.” 4 of 5 bubbles

OnBoard New York Tours
Ranked #75 of 585 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: OnBoard New York Tours operates the Only Comprehensive Guided Tour of New York City. Our tour guides hop off the shuttle bus with you at each attraction, showing you the city in detail. Smaller groups make better tours, so we limit group size on our tours and use smaller shuttles that allow more interaction with your guide.
California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Best way to jam pack a lot of NY in one day.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

We took this tour, because I had seen NY before, but the rest of my party were new. I wanted them to get the most bang for their buck in a short period, but feel like they'd missed nothing. This trip, with Debbie as our guide, was fantastic. You see all that was promised, with history commentary the entire time from our NY native tour guide. I only wish we could get out more, but we saw SO many place, it's just not possible. Some sites are hard to see from the inside seat on the bus, but it gives you great reference to see what you want on your own later, and yet, if this was the ONLY day you had in NY, you felt like you really got to see it all.
Would highly recommend, we really enjoyed all it captured.

1 Thank andeegoofy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tour - would hightly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

My sister booked this tour as a gift to my Daugter for her 21st Birthday. We arrived in good time and had excellent seats on the bus. Jonathon was our tour guide and he was very enthusiastic about his native city. It was a very hot day and their was plenty of ice cold water handed out at each stop. Really enjoyed the trip on the Zephyr to see the Statue of Liberty/Brookyn Bridge etc. - we had priority boarding which was great. Also enjoyed hopping off at each location with Jonathon who was very infomatative. Would highly recommend this trip but make sure you confirm before you turn up because we did see a couple turned away. Also do this ealy on in your visit to familiarise yourself with this beautiful city.

1 Thank evertonrule
Greenville, North Carolina
“Great tour if you only have one day in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

I booked this tour about a week in advance of my one-day trip to New York City. After booking, I read some very poor reviews that made me worried. However, my experience with OnBoard tours was very good. They took us to all of the places that they promised they would. Our tour guide Robert was constantly talking to us about what we were seeing which was great. Our bus driver Ron was a skilled driver as well. I know I couldn't drive that big bus through the crowded streets of Manhattan.

I would recommend this tour to anyone, but especially if you only have one day in town. If you went to all of the same places by taxi, you would spend a lot of money. I would recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. I had a great time, and I would love to take another one of their tours.

A+

Ogden, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great for a one day visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We were in the area for other reasons and decided to spend one day in New York City as we had never been there. I booked the tour on line about a month before we were to be there. We had little trouble in finding the tourbus in Times square. Our tour guide (David?) was fantastic. We were there Sunday June 6, 2010 on a 10:00 AM tour. I was very impressed with his knowledge of the city and it's history. My wife can't walk very fast due to a knee problem so we were usally at the end of the line getting back on the bus. Our tour guide kind of looked out for us, I would wave to let him know we were there and on our way to the bus. The tour made us want to return for a longer visit to New York City and see more of the things we just touched on this time. Very well worth the money for someone who has not a lot of time to spend and a first time visitor.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A must do.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

This was my third trip to NYC but the first for my husband. We booked this tour for our first day there so we could get a good grounding of New York and then decide what we would like to visit again ourselves at our leisure. The tour was well organised and our guide Tom was absolutely fantastic and was a complete wealth of knowledge about the city. The tour started at 10am and should have finished by 330pm but did not finish until after 5pm as Tom assured us we would see everything even if we got back late. After a week of non stop activity, my husband has decided that this was his favourite thing that we did. Well worth the money, and Tom the tour guide really did go the extra mile. A mention too for Ben, our driver who was a real gentleman.