“Delivery service poor” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lyric Diner - CLOSED

Lyric Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Gramercy Park
New London, Connecticut
“Delivery service poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We live around the corner and often get take out, more often than not they forget some part of our order. We have often eaten here late at night, service doesn't come with a smile, the old guys there are at the best of times grumpy, not sure if I have ever got a smile off them, just go as its a 2 minute walk away

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Providence, RI
“Good place for a bite to eat....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My buddy and I stopped into the Lyric Diner after a show for a late night breakfast. The service was quick. There were 6-8 other people there at the time. I had broccoli and cheese omelet and my buddy had a burger and fries. The omelet was good and standard fare. My buddy’s fries had a spicy coating to them from hat I remember, as in you would not need salt with them. All in all it is a good place to stop for a bite to eat. There is nothing to rave about but no red flags of disappointment either.

The cost for the two of us was $24 w/o tip.

• Visited May 2012
Portland, Maine
“Just plain bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Arrived for breakfast. The place was mostly empty, but they sent me to the very back, near the kitchen. After a 10 minute wait, the waiter arrived and mumbled something about ordering. He didn't even bother looking at me. I ordered a breakfast with one egg. The waiter told me that I would have to pay for two, since that was their policy. Bottom line: the egg was undercooked, the potatoes were watery and tasteless, the sausage was way too salty and the coffee tasted like dishwater. Go anywhere else.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Boston, MA
“Praise from a Boston Bean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

New York has many great and famous restaurants, but this is actually the type of place I like best in the city. Why? Because in my hometown, Boston, there are quite a few places where you can get a good, fancy meal, but there is virtually no place that is open twenty-four hours where you can be waited on by pleasant waiters and order anything from a full dinner to a reasonably priced sandwich. It's no frills and basic but, to my mind, atmospheric in an old-timey urban way. You emerge back onto the street without feeling you've been ripped off. Call me a cheapskate and a philistine, but I love this place, and I were wish there were one like it near me-- but if there were, I guess New York wouldn't seem so special.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SquamRock
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Saturday Brunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2010

Had Saturday Brunch at the Lyric diner on May 1st 2010. I thought it was good value... not exceptional... but good. Nice Steak,Eggs & Potatos,fruit,Toast,Jam & much coffee for $13:00. My waitress was very friendly. Would have no problem in going back there.