“A very enjoyable evening with some pleasant surprises”
Review of Porter House

Porter House
Reserve with OpenTable
Porter House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway and 60th Streets
Transit: The 1, A, B, C, D and E Subway Lines all stop at 59th Street, Columbus Circle.
Description: Porter House New York is Chef Michael Lomonaco's contemporary Steakhouse with American premium Seafood. We offer prime cuts of beef and pristine American seafood in an elegant and casual setting on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center overlooking Central Park. We offer an award winning wine list of over 550 labels, comprised of a comprehensive American selection, highlights from Bordeaux and Italy, and value wines from around the globe.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

First of all this was not my choice or my wife's. We were celebrating a friend's birthday and he chose.
The food and service were quite good, even though the waiter was a bit disappointed that we did not order a bottle of wine. Of particular note were three of the appetizers: a very good creamy pate topped with wine gelee, the steak tartare- unusual and very tender and the pasta which my friend raved about. Three steaks of different type- all perfectly cooked and flavorful. The bread passed at the beginning was also very good (resulting in no appetite for desert.). We all agreed that it was a bit expensive but not unreasonable for the quality.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I ate at the Porter House during a quick one night getaway to the city. Overall, the food and service were very good.

We both had filet, which was cooked perfectly to our liking, and enjoyed the jumbo baked potato as a side. The complimentary house bread is outstanding also.

The waiter was very attentive and I enjoyed the sommelier as well. Both stopped by the table on several occasions to ensure that the meal and wine were to our liking.

I chose this restaurant to avoid a chain steakhouse, since I have visited most of them in one location or another. My problem with Porter House is the ambiance, or lack thereof. The restaurant is in the mall, which I didn't realize, and although it's pretty well segregated, you can't escape that mall feeling. The music is loud and the vibe is a little more energetic than I like in a steakhouse. I can't speak to any of the other non-chain steakhouses in the city. But, I would skip Porter House and head to Del Frisco's.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very busy restaurant which is open plan so unfortunately quite noisy and not as exclusive as I expected. Nevertheless the food was delicious but what really let it down was the service which was appalling. The guy serving the bread was so rude and abrupt...he literally threw the bread onto my plate. Our server was inattentive and came across as a bit arrogant. Such a shame for the chefs who are producing good food only to be let down by front of house staff.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My hubby, I and a friend had dinner here over Memorial Day weekend. I had the filet which was outstanding. Hubby had NY Strip, which he said was average. My friend had the salmon which she enjoyed a lot. So overall I think food was good, just really pricey (but that is NYC!). The best part was my friend left her phone there, and in the cab on the way home they texted my phone to tell us it was there - THAT is fantastic customer service. I recommend if you want a splurge!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went here for our anniversary and struggled to keep from letting this terrible restaurant ruin our evening. It's touted as a great place for a romantic meal as well as a great steak house - it is neither. The view is lovely here, but it is essentially a mall restaurant and you'll enjoy your dinner surrounded by people in t-shirts and flip flops and people with screaming kids climbing over the booths. The service was terrible and the food was worse. Our steaks were not cooked anywhere near the way we requested and the side dishes were bland. The foie gras was flavorless with a port jelly that was rubbery. I know - first world problems, but you'll pay top dollar for this disappointing meal which is beyond frustrating. Save your cash - even Sizzler is better than this joint.

1  Thank TabithaTraveler