“Great but expensive brunch”
Review of Cafe Cluny

Cafe Cluny
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Cluny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #989 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: West 4th Street
Transit: The 1, 2, 3, A, C and E trains stop at West 14th Street.
Description: Cafe Cluny is situated in the heart of the West Village.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went here for breakfast/brunch on a Saturday. The place was busy but the staff work very hard to get you a table quickly which I really appreciated. It is expensive but since we were on holiday, we didn't care, and I didn't think it was outragrous by any means. If you like sweets, I highly recommend their chocolate croissant - it is amazing! Decor is a little strange (giant bug on the ceiling?) but it's a cute place and a great place for breakfast.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very accomodating about substitutions. Great service and food. It is a very warm and inviting space, as well.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been here several times for dinner and breakfast. The food is consistently good and the service is generally good but I feel like they have read their own press and think they are special at this point. It is expensive and not as good as other places close by that are half the fare, in my opinion.

1  Thank mmcbDenver
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was pretty good. It's cute inside -- I will say the giant bug (fake) on the ceiling was a little disturbing. Why would you make that part of the decor? Anyways. We ordered:

Beet Salad - this was delicious.
Frisee Salad - very bacon-y but yummy. My friend devoured this.
Branzino
Pork Tenderloin

It was good. Was it OMGAMAZING? No. But it was a solid meal and worth the value. Our service was also really good. I would say this isn't going to impress a french cuisine enthusiast but most people will walk away satisfied.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Food was good and the service was excellent. Nice neighborhood feel as most people there were locals. Very comfortable feel and overall very good food.