“good prices, good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saigon 48 - CLOSED

Saigon 48
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups, Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Freehold, New Jersey
“good prices, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located in the theatre district. The ambience is pleasant; the prices most reasonable and the food good. The waiter was very patient and accommodating. Service was swift.

• Visited July 2013

St. John's, Canada
“Good prices, large portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was one of the two restaurants in my hotel. I am not very familiar with Vietnamese cuisine, but I enjoyed the curry I had. (I asked the server -- he described it as a Vietnamese-Malaysian fusion, which is apparently a thing.)

The service was impeccable without being obtrusive. Full points for not giving me the brushoff; this sometimes happens to women dining alone. Decor was nice.

Would i go back? Yes.

• Visited June 2013
Palm Coast, FL
“Not even close to Vietnamese”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were so tired and desperate for Vietnamese food we ignored the bad reviews and gave it a shot. Big mistake. There is nothing Vietnamese about this restaurant. It is owned and run by Chinese who seem to have never even tasted Vietnamese food. The soup (pho) was awful, tasted like dish water, had no resemblance to Pho. The service is awful but this is NYC where bad service is customary. The best part is that I lost 3 lbs after eating here.

• Visited June 2013
Boston, MA
“Pretty decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Found this nearby my hotel when I was hungry after a long flight! I'd describe the food more Chinese or Thai but I guess technically it's not. Got dumplings and basil chicken. Food was good, not great. Service was so-so. Prices ok.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great service, atmosphere and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The service and atmosphere was great. I would have given the food a 5 except I found the dumpling wrap was a bit too thick. But the Pho and the summer rolls were very good. I am sad we are leaving and didn't find this place earlier, otherwise we would have eaten here 2 or 3 times. But definitely will come back whenever in NYC.

• Visited May 2013