“Tasty food and good service”

Forty2West Italian Bar & Chophouse
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Rockefeller Plaza & 6th Avenue
Transit: D F M N B V
Description: Whether it is a business lunch, a pre-theater supper, a celebratory dinner or a private party, forty2West can accommodate your needs. We can help turn ordinary occasions into extraordinary meals, and special occasions into affairs to remember. Our large bar has it's own menu with plenty of room eat while having cocktails and socializing. A great place to meet before dinner or just catch up after work with friends. Our private rooms can accomodate small groups of 10 to largers groups of 80 for a seated dinner to groups as large as 150 for a cocktail style event. Private rooms and private bar are located on the mezzanine level of the restaurant with a balcony overlooking the main floor.
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Had lunch here today. The place was oddly empty. We were handed the Restaurant Week menu without having to ask for it.

I went for the minestrone soup of the day, the petit filet and peach tart. My friend tried the gravlax, aged sirloin and cheesecake.

The food was very good and portion size was more than generous. The does not come with any sides so you had to order them separate. We went with the $4 fries.

A 20% gratuity was automatically added to your bill. Service was attentive and efficient.

1  Thank Tardykat

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I are regulars because AJ Maxwell's is one of the friendliest places in NYC. It's not uncommon for the owner Lenny to greet us at the door. The bartenders Larry and Katie usually have our drinks ready before we reach the bar. We usually have dinner in the bar and the wait staff provides excellent service. The drinks are exceptional and are the most generous pour that I have found in NYC. The bone-in Ribeye is to die for and is big enough to share. The mushroom side is a perfect topping for the ribeye. There is also a boneless ribeye that is equally as great, just smaller. We just visted with a group of 12 for dinner in the bar and everyone had a blast!! Pricing is great for a classy mid-town steakhouse. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as we do.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Went to Ajs the other night with my husband pre theater. We had a wonderful evening and part of it was due to this place. The food was great, service very attentive, it was cold I would recommend everyone bring a jacket, luckily I had one. I had the sea bass and my husband ordered what looked like a whole cow! lol it was the rib eye steak, biggest piece of meat i've ever seen. Would definitely go back when we return to NYC.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

We were rather anxious about ordering fish but we need not have been. It was excellent. Our waiter was friendly, chatty and efficient and the atmosphere was pleasant.

1  Thank networker
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We decided to give this place a try since we found a gift certificate deal online. The restaurant was empty when we arrived. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. the food was just ok for the price. We started with the ceasar salad which was ok. nothing special. we next had calamari. it was rubbery and not fresh. For dinner we ordered the crab cakes. There were 2 on the plate with no side for $37. we also had the shrimp scampi.This was 4 shrimp in a bowl with no pasta. Are you kidding me for $40. That was $10 per shrimp. So not worth it and very disappointing. Oh and the wine was $15 for less than a 1/2 glass!!! needless to say we will not be back. We were 2 women on the way to the theater and left unsatisfied. I do not recommend it!