“Don't go for the Gatz dinner break”
Review of Colors

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Astor Place
Transit: 6 train to Astor Place, R & W to 8th Street
Description: Serving a 100% gluten-free menu, COLORS is a non-profit restaurant started by restaurant workers displaced from the World Trade Center tragedy. COLORS is sponsored by Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) United. We believe in sourcing natural ingredients from local farmers and we believe in sustainability for our workforce by providing a living wage.
NYC
“Don't go for the Gatz dinner break”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went to Colors during the Gatz dinner break. Price fixe $32.00 menu (no choice). Service was incredibly slow. Some folks got served right away, while others had to wait forever. Salad with tofu was excellent. We ordered one chicken dish which looked like leftover nuggets and one steak dish (bad cut) which arrived cold. The couple next to us also ordered the chicken dish which looked completely different (nice size breast, no nuggets). So: inconsistent quality. One couple, two tables down, got their main course five minutes before they had to leave. Dessert was cookies to go (which were fine). I would NOT recommend picking this restaurant for the Gatz dinner break (not worth the money and the quality of food was poor).

• Visited March 2012

New York City, New York
“Amazing!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I am a huge fan of this place! The food is amazing. I have been here several times and everything we have had was delicious. The calamari is fabulous, the paella is scrumptious, I can go on and on! Leslie, the manager was one the friendliest managers I've ever met. She was very accommodating for our group of 15. She made it such a smooth night as we celebrated my hubby's birthday!

• Visited January 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great selection of eclectic dishes. The owners are just as eclectic.”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Great selection of eclectic dishes. The owners are just as eclectic.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Santa Barbara, California
“Great ambience, good food, poor service”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We went to Colors Restaurant in Noho. We went early as we were going to be seeing a show. We found the restaurant to be charming in its decor. It had fabulous ambience unfortunately it was downhill from there. Our waiter could not understand me when I asked if they had blended drinks nor did he know what a "Roy Rogers" /cherry coke was for my daughter. I explained that it was a Shirley Temple but with coke instead of 7up. They proceeded to bring coke AND 7up mixed with grenadine. Food was okay with a very nice presentation.

I really wanted to love this restaurant as I love the idea of it but would have to say they need work with the staff.

1 Thank caesargirls
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great concept and great...”
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Great concept and great food!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook