“Great experience”

Wicked on Broadway
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 18, 2014

First time seeing this show and really enjoyed it. The songs are catchy and the story line is amusing. Must do when you get the opportunity!

There are newer reviews for Wicked

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I will admit - this was my first Broadway show and I loved everything about it! This show was amazing - it gives you an entirely different outlook on The Wizard of Oz characters. Don't miss this!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having been a fan of the music for some years, my recent trip to NYC was to be the first time I was to see Wicked! on stage. After a fairly hefty ticket price (when compared to those in the UK) my expectations were high and I was certainly not dissapointed.

The venue is great and spacious, with bars and merchandise stalls throughout. Our seats (at the front row of the balcony) were very comfortable and offered a great view of the fantastic set.

The music and sound clarity was great, orchestra amazing, set and clothing beautifully realised and cast simply wonderful.

I am slightly embarrased to admit that I was reduced to tears at the start due to the overwhealming spectacle of the performance and had goosebumps throughout.

If I had to send someone to a single Broadway show this would be it, and anyone unconvinced by musicals should certainly experience this before ruling them out altogether!

Nick

2  Thank Nick E
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We just returned from a night at the theater. We arrived about 45 minutes before show time, which gave us ample time to meander through the exhibits in the Gershwin theater. There are hundreds of photos of famous actors and actresses, as well as many props from various shows.
This production has amazing scenery, impressive lighting, excellent performances and an interesting storyline.
I would warn against bringing small children, as their are some "scary" moments, with a huge, animated dragon above the center stage.
We had seats in the center orchestra area, which gave us a perfect view of the action.
Ladies be forewarned that at break time, the line for the powder room is extensive, so if you are in need of the facility, leave your seat quickly and head straight for the "loo".

3  Thank FiOS-Dave
Reviewed January 16, 2014

i splurged on these tickets. seats were cramped as everything in NYC seems to be but enjoyable experience. would do again