Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $98.75
from $135.35
from $97.99
7,791 results
All reviews wizard of oz broadway show defying gravity story line special effects great play broadway experience great seats all ages great cast front row box office whole family new york costumes elphaba tickets
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Everything about Wicked was amazing! Broadway shows are one of the best parts of NYC and this show defines NYC! Defying gravity is one of the best performer songs ever! I loved seeing this spectacular musical and strongly recommend it!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Best Broadway show this year!! A great story following Wizard of Oz storyline. A must see for everyone!! Can’t wait to come back to see more spectacular Broadway shows!! We had amazing seats in row O and seats 111 & 110. Smack right in the middle of the theatre. Vocals were breathtaking!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I previously saw Wicked in Vancouver, BC and not only loved it then, but was hoping to see it again. This time, I saw it on Broadway and it was great. The song Defying Gravity brought me to tears this time. If you love musicals this is the show for you.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been going to Broadway since 1977 and I've seen dozens of shows. Wicked was the first show where I was ready to leave at intermission (but my wife wanted to see if the second half would be better-it wasn't).

Usually, the opening number sets the tone and in this case, a lackluster opening scene did set the tone for a lackluster show (I was shocked from the start and it never got better) 1) the set made no sense, just a lot of gears for some reason. 2) the music was nothing to write home about; bland. 3) the costumes (other than the witch) didn't make much sense either. 4) The story made no sense. There were a couple of side stories that seemed ridiculous. 5) the few funny lines were juvenile.

Overall, the story, music, scenery, costumes and choreography were not what I expect of a Broadway show. I can't believe this show lasted this long. This is no '42nd Street'.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This show has been out for some time now so I wasn't sure it would still be in fine shape. It did not disappoint! The theater was easy to get to, had plenty of escalators to take us up to the balcony. Comfy seats and plenty of restrooms. The show was spectacular! The cast was amazing and it's such a hard show to sing, they apparently have to swap about the main actors every few months to save their voices. I'm impressed!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My daughter (12) and I watched the show earlier this week whilst in New York. It was amazing. We sat on the front row of the mezzanine and had a fabulous view. The show is very entertaining, and you really immerse yourself in it. Make sure you pre book your interval drinks when you get there as the queues are huge. It was nice to come out and find our drinks waiting for us. Try not to need the toilet as the interval toilet queues are also enormous and you only get 15 mins! The programme price has been hiked up by $10 to $30 as it is the 15th anniversary, which I think is a bit steep, we were happy with the free Playbill and our Wicked reusable cups from our interval drinks.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Gershwin Theatre is well run and organized, yet maintains the magic. You really have to experience, whether seeing it for the first time, or over and over.

Went for the Wicked lottery which was well organized and was pleasantly surprised that even if don't win the $30 tickets, don't rush off disappointed as orchestra level seats were offered with a special phrase at the box office at a great price lower than what was posted. The seats in the orchestra level seats offered were all very good. I got a seat six rows from the back and it was great! Everyone's a winner!

Wasn't sure about whether needed to "dress up" for the Broadway show and of course you can, but don't have to. Come dressed neatly, you can coat check (or not), it was all good either way. People had some shopping bags between their legs. No really noticed or cared. Dress neat and comfortable and enjoy the magic!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The play / concessions / entry are a well-oiled machine. You can tell this is a long running hit show as soon as you enter.
Fantastic show with amazing voices and cute plot. There's a reason it's still in after so many years. I would see it again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been lucky enough to see this show a few times but the Broadway production is by far the best: my favourite parts as the second act open are the flying monkeys! Sensational!

The script is as relevant today as 15 years ago and touches on lots of political quirks that still resonate. It’s fabulous, especially Defying Gravity that closes Act 1.

Don’t even hesitate, book a full price ticket and go!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second visit to this show and I WILL see it again. I've sat in the front row both times. It allows you to see the performers as well as the orchestra. It's a really cool place to sit. These folks are so talented, I just can't say enough good about this show.

1  Thank ken3787